Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
Saskatchewan
I am at the end of my rope. I have been dealing with these same symptoms for about two years now and have gone from doctor to doctor asking for help to figure out what is wrong.
I am seeing an Endocrinologist at the beginning of next month. But here is what I have been dealing with:

1.) Extreme fatigue. I mean fatigue to the point that I have no life anymore. I have no energy to do the basics. I have a shower and my arms and legs are worn out and in pain like I just ran a marathon and my back is spasming.
I have naps and rests lying down through out the whole day because the tiredness hits me and I feel ill from being that fatigued.My muscles wear out so fast from barely doing anything.

2.) Body pains. Tingling and numbness in both arms and legs and a tired sore feeling. My back is strained feeling everyday, it also spasms and feels stiff.
I was diagnosed with Costo and have shooting pains in my chest wall and a tight feeling. This is also daily.
I can't lie in bed too long either because body starts to feel pained.
Typing too much causes pain. It's ridiculous.

3.) Nausea not everyday but it's always on the cusp and some days it's awful.

4.) Foggy brain. I will forget things so easily and trying to remember certain things at times can seem impossible. It just feels like my brain doesn't work right and it can be very frustrating. On bad days, trying to remember the right word I was trying to use in a sentence can be difficult or trying to express what I meant. Very frustrating.

5.) Anxiety/depression, some days it's one or the other, other days it's both. The levels of severity differ as well. I can go from feeling blue, to feeling down right hopeless and can't get out of bed. Or I can be slightly nervous to full on panic attacks.

I can't walk too far anymore. I can walk about a block and then I am pooped right out. Some days it's worse and I can't even go that far. If I force my body to do more, I get heart palps, shakiness, and stomach cramping, along with worsening back spasming and costo pain and nausea.

I have had a holter monitor, xrays, blood work done, ultrasounds, so far nothing significant was found other than low iron or low vitamin D. I have had both in the past but not with symptoms as above.

There is a good chance this is Fibro. I hope it's something else that has a better chance of recovery than Fibro. I am scared of that diagnosis. I have suffered so much already and can barely do the basics as it is. I don't want to hear that this could be permanent. I feel disabled and the depression over it has been difficult.
I am not sure what to think, as I mentioned, I see an Endocrinologist soon and hopefully will have more answers.

Hi IpsyDaisy,

Happy Mother's Day! I don't know if your a mother but any way. I'm sorry you're having all this pain and fatigue.The symptoms do sound like Fibromyalgia.Pretty much everything you wrote I have experienced.Its good that you have an appointment with a doctor.

Endocronologist deal with the hormones in our body and thyroid disorders, diabetes and others.They usually don't diagnosis Fibromyalgia, but he might do some testing that will rule out other diseases.It can't hurt to see him ,but a Rheumatologist will diagnose Fibromyalgia.Years ago many Drs didn't believe it existed, and even Rheumatologist.But now they are educated on it now, and it would be a good idea to make an appointment with one.

Wish u luck and hope u see the Rheumatologist soon to get some relief from your symptoms.If you have to wait a long time to see a Rheumatologist,then maybe see your Primary physician (if he is knowledgeable about Fibro)so maybe he can give you some information or medication until you see the other doctor.

Sagey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back