This heat is killing me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I throw this in there becaues some of you may have the "age thing" that I do, i.e. menopause. I'm 54 now, but I started perimenopause at 42. I'm not really sure when, but I had the typical feeling of hot (not flashes per se, just like someone turned up the thermostat a few degrees too hot a lot). Certain activities like running up the stairs might make it worse. Well, I went off hormones in the last year and it made no difference. Now I realize there must have been some crossover with fibro. I actually love cold air. I wouldn't move to Alaska or go live outside on the porch in winter, but the feeling of cold air when I go outside feels so good. It's too much warmth that gets to me. And often I have to ask people around me, "Is it hot or me?" I honestly can't tell a lot anymore. Sometimes it is me, sometimes not. May help some of you.

I'll gladly swap homes with anyone in a hot climate. It's currently about 10 degrees in the UK and my body hates the cold. All my aches and pains get worse in the cold. Roll on the summer. I also have a sensitivity to light and also smells.
I might caution you on that!
You might swap homes with me and have some second thoughts when May/June comes and the temperature stays above 110F for a week or more. The highest it has gotten here since I have lived here is 117. It doesn't always reach that every summer, although temperatures are rising here, but it is not uncommon.
115F (46 celsius) is to be expected every summer. At that point, I am usually renting movies that are staged in the artic and dreaming of cool woods or the ocean.
And light? Count on full sun about 345 days a year.
:D
But winters are great. It basically never gets cold. You would like it here in the winter, but no one here would swap with you in the winter!

Yes, may be a tad too hot that!!!
Where are you from??

Yes, may be a tad too hot that!!!
Where are you from??
An American desert is where I live, and the temperatures are no joke. It's fine if you know how to live in it, though. Just as -40F is fine if you know how to do that. I have done both and you get used to it.
I would jump at the chance to go to a cool spot in the UK in the summer, though. :)

I am also your exact place. Both BP meds double my now natural heat intolerance.
I have stronger cold intolerance as well. I have had my thyroid tests run 3 extra times. When I put all my newer symptoms in one search I get "low cortisol,' Addison's. But I am not living where I can easily go to an Endocrinologist. And my current GPs seem to be going out of their way, Not to run any more complex or treat me for much of anything. I am in Elko! The Hospital is well known to turn those with Medicaid away. I won't be here any longer than I really need to!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back