This might sound crazy, but

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone for your input...your awsome...we all are having some sort of issues, is this a true diagnosis...no...I can not depend on any dr's any longer...but at the same time, I need to know I'm not alone...thanks..and hugs to your all

Oh my goodness @Looby69 aw I hope you get better really soon! and yes it’s good hubby can be the ears of the house for the moment. I like a dawn chorus too. so pretty
💜💛💜

Hi,

That is right, needles are put in trigger points and I always find after my treatment me head feels so much clearer.

Is it painful @Vwade + @JayCS ? (Then again fibro makes me feel like a human pin cushion half the time anyway) it might be another avenue to go down to see what else can help.🧞💙 🧞‍♂️

Hi,

Does not hurt at all. You lay on a bed on your back and the needles are put in and I find it very relaxing.

Is it painful @Vwade + @JayCS ?
Acupuncture hurts hardly anyone. Except me... :rolleyes:

With the first two stints/docs it didn't hurt too much putting the needles in, but once they were in about half of the needles caused a horrid pain, I couldn't move, wasn't comfy at all, not that I'd cry or shout out, so about a "5". Afterwards I could usually hardly move, still a pain of 3-5 for at least a day. My acupressurist taught me that cold neutralizes it, so the 2nd stint (only one session) I did that in the evening and it was gone.
This time this Chinese doc I think uses thicker needles (my GP said, I haven't asked her yet - or, funnily, even looked!) and they hurt more, but after the first 5-6 sessions it doesn't hurt any more once they're in, and only a little when they are twisted 1-2x after 10-15 mins. But since exactly then my activity level has gone up (from 10%) to 20% all the time and praps even increasing, despite the fact that she's got CoV, so I haven't been almost a week (she was planning to reduce it to 1x/wk anyway).
So well worth it, up to now. I can suffer a lot if it means I can move again.

Ooh pros and cons then @JayCS, I might try it? I wonder what it’s like to be a human voodoo doll for a day?😆🙃📌

Thank you @Vwade now I’m more enlightened about acupuncture than I was a few hours ago
😊 👍🏻 ⭐

I wonder what it’s like to be a human voodoo doll for a day?😆🙃📌
Weird and wonderful, quite something for the adventurous and undaunted to try and
at the same time so unspectacular and surprisingly pain-free ... for most... that perhaps everybody should...
And now at last and finally somewhat pain-freeing (& very energizing) even for my weirdest of bodies... 🤪🧐

I had Covid around Christmas time, as did many of my family members & having asked around, as did many other people here in England
& many are still struggling with post-Covid ongoing symptoms or what's being termed as 'Long Covid'.

The main ongoing symptoms I am hearing of the most seem to be cough, lack of energy, exhaustion, apathy & depression
but blocked Sinuses/Sinusitis also seems to be common.

I am now in my fourth month since Covid & the Sinus thing is showing no improvement at all,
the worst of it being a constant headache with feeling of 'heaviness', deafness, occasional Tinnitus
& my sense of smell now greatly reduced &/or things smelling weird if I can smell them at all.

I understand that Sinusitis is a common Fibro symptom but mine has definitely been triggered by Covid
& as yet, is showing no sign of going away.

Plus, I have heard mention that the Pollen season which is now upon us may exacerbate the Sinsuitis.

I have tried over-the-counter maximum strength Sinus meds but they don't seem to make any difference at all.

Sorry to be so negative but as we always say on here, we understand & empathise, being in the same boat ourselves,
which I often suspect might be The Titanic ;)

Last edited:
@Rainbow I get sinus issues too, I found taking dairy out for a bit helps (but I eat eggs as my source of protein vegetarian see) ⭐🌈⭐

I have tried over-the-counter maximum strength Sinus meds but they don't seem to make any difference at all.
taking dairy out for a bit helps
I usually have 1-2 clogged up nostrils in the second half of the night. Airing every time I get up seems to help a bit. Yesterday I found quite some dust on the carpet under my bed again and it seemed better after vacuuming that, got to do that more/better.
I can always improve the sinus pain (sometimes with frontal headache) caused by my MCAS-jab-side-effects with a bit of GABA.
As I've now pretty much embraced and widened low histamine & vegan, I've minimized all yoghurt-types, not sure if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back