This might sound crazy, but

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjd

Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
I can see that this past year has been very stressful for me. I had what I believe was an episode last July, could not move arms without horrible muscle pain, all my joints, etc. and in time, it seemed to get better...Then just a few weeks ago, I had another very stressful issue, and now not only do I feel the pain in arms returning, and some joints...but (and I know this probably has nothing to do with Fibro) my neck muscles, especially on left side, are very sore and tight, along with the feeling of lumps...now I am also suffering with excessive drainage..and it probably is something to do with sinus drainage..but..this soreness and tightness is something different..anyway..sorry..but just had to throw that out there..I read your posts all the time..and love how caring you all are ..Thanks Hugs

Hi,

At the moment I have exactly the same symptoms as you, for the past month I have had terrible knots in my neck which has been causing me a lot of pain in neck, shoulders, arms and chest and dizziness along with very bad sinus issues and headaches. I visit my Osteopath every two weeks but after going last week he advised me to go this week as he could see it was so bad. I have dry needling which I find very good. especially with the headaches. I also suffer from Costochondritis which is verypainful, If you google neck knots it is very interesting what areas of the body they can affect.
Hope this helps.

Wow, sounds like my issues!!! Thanks for the info, and I hope you will be feeling better soon. This past yr has been very stressful for me (as I'm sure for so many others). Sometime it just overwhelms me to the point where I do feel like I'm going crazy. Again, thanks for your response...

Having had strange happenings I understand. Trying to tell others who do not deal with all the stuff just depressed me. I have no way to help but I do understand.
Hi Lifesaver, and welcome here! 👋.Yup here's the place where we hardly have to try, cos of everyone can relate... :cool:

(and I know this probably has nothing to do with Fibro) my neck muscles, especially on left side, are very sore and tight, along with the feeling of lumps...now I am also suffering with excessive drainage..and it probably is something to do with sinus drainage
Well muscles being sore and tight would be typical fibro... Good experience/suggestion from @Vwade.
Osteopath and acupressurist worked on my neck, perhaps slightly more than everything else.
They often started on the neck saying that if that isn't OK, it's tougher for the rest of the body (muscles etc.).
Some docs/physios see a general problem in "cervical instability" as Gardener pointed out in another thread.

Sinus drainage if I understand you right reminds me of my allergic-ey histamin-ey MCAS symptoms...

What is dry needling @Vwade I’ve not heard of it before? 🌳🧚🏻‍♂️🌳

I wonder how many other fibromates get sinus issues ??? (I’m due for another ent visit soon (my nose gets really stuffy sometimes + my ears
sound full when I swallow) I get tinnitus loads too, be interesting to find out how many have similar symptoms you wouldn’t put down with fibro usually 🌳 🐿 🌳

Last edited:
Dry needling is similar to acupuncture where needles are put into your muscles and left for about 15-20 minutes.

Dry needling is similar to acupuncture where needles are put into your muscles and left for about 15-20 minutes.
Difference to me seems to be that the needles can be different and that it target trigger points, not meridian points, is that right?

Hello @Looby69 👋🏼 what’s that sinuses and tinnitus is it? 🌷🌼🌷

Hello @Looby69 👋🏼 what’s that sinuses and tinnitus is it? 🌷🌼🌷
Yes, I've got covid at the moment too which is playing havoc with both. I can't hear the dawn chorus anymore because of tinnitus. I don't hear the timer on the oven when I'm cooking either. Good job hubby has good hearing otherwise everything would be burnt 😝

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back