Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
AR
So.. I live in Arizona. It is HOT. Let me give you bit of a back story. I know some of you may have seen some of my previous post, but let me sum things up.
Okay. I am going through a divorce. Lost my job, my apartment, about to lose my car. So yes a hard time. All of these things were out of my control. Had to leave my job, because my ex worked there and was harassing me. He got them to believe anything and everything. Lost my apartment, because I couldn't afford it on my own and about to lose my car for same reasons. I was living with my sister. Now I am living back with the parentals. I am 28.
Now they do have a room for me on the other side of the house, however that room needs work on it. So I will temporarily be taking up shelter in my brothers old room. The parentals just got a new air conditioning unit put on. So the house is pretty cold. HOWEVER, my bros old room is freaking hot. I am not comfortable at all. It is driving me crazy.
My old room does connect to the air conditioning unit, but it also has it's own unit as well. We just have to get it clean and straightened out. That will take time.
I feel like I am annoying everyone by complaining about the heat, but it is hot. I can't help it. We are trying different things. We can feel the air coming out, but it's like it's not circulating. We turned the ceiling fan off (which was set to cool, not the opposite) and it helped a bit, but what more can we do?

I think I am going to go insane. I guess it just gives me more of a reason to get up off my butt and work on my old room. My old, much bigger and more private room. Wish me luck.

I can understand you pain, I am heat sensitive so when I get to hot I get angry. I found a great item that really helps me, its called Frogg Toggs Chilly Pad. I brought four cause I needed full body coverage. You simple wet them with warm water and they stay really cold. They can be cut into smaller sizes if needed. I normally wet all four and lay on one, have one under my legs, one on my stomach and, one around my neck and face. It might sound crazy but they really work. I purchased one for my niece last year because she has heat induced eczema and she loved it. She went though the whole summer with no eczema flare-ups. I don't know if this is the type of advice or reply you are looking for but, at least it will help you keep cold while working in your bedroom.

I also have trouble tolerating the heat. I don't know which is worse dealing with the cold or the heat. I get cold easily, even when it really isn't that cold. I think some of my intolerance is due to the fact od my job situation. I go to work around 4:00 am and then, I have to stand at the store where I work at in the bitter cold for sometimes over 5 minutes. I feel like I can't get warm then. I would rather have the heat though in my situation, at least then, I'll not have frost bit hands and feet.

I think I should have been born somewhere other than Arizona lol. I am dealing with it. It is hard though.

I can relate, I live in a very hot state and some days are harder than others. It's really hard to live in a place like that, to make matters worse my room is the hottest, lol. On the good side... the weather has been kinda cool for this time of the year, so I can't really complain that much about it. Best of luck with everything, I know what is like to be in a situation like yours... I lost my job last year as well, haven't had luck finding a new one sadly :(

Hang in there and keep us posted!

I am lucky in that I do not live in a "hot state" persay. However, we do get bouts of some hot and humid weather. The humidity part is what really gets me. It makes my pain the worst and I feel just awful. I cannot imagine living in a hot state.

Oh I hear you on the humidity, it just magnifies all the pain and stiffness. Fortunatly as long as I am hydrated I tolerate the heat fairly well. Family vacation in a couple weeks though might be a bit rough as we are going camping for a couple of days. Just need a good air mattress and I'm golden.

I have the same kind of attitude. I get really moody when it's terribly hot and I've heard of a lot of studies as well that fights and even crimes do go higher during seasons of too much heat. I don't say it's a good justification for being moody and angry, but it does have an effect.

What I suggest you do is keep on drinking cold water. Make sure you take in not less than 4 liters in a day. You will notice that your body is able to cool down much faster and the heat won't feel that bothersome.

I have lived in the tropical north of Australia for a number of years, and I really know what "hot" means. But for me the heat wasn't so bad, it was the humidity that I mostly suffered from. It was usually between 80-100%. I found was constantly fighting the mould that was sprouting everywhere, and having a hard time with the pain in my muscles. Also, I suffered a fair bit from depression as the heaviness was weighing down on me. So, as soon as my work contract finished, I was out of there again. I think if the climate of a place starts to negatively affect your health, start looking for options to get away from it, as your good health is the most valuable asset you have.

I live in PR, I know what hot and humid is. The thing is where I live I'm not allowed to have air conditioning (utilities are included on the rent) and I can't afford to live somewhere else so... :(

I drink lots of water with ice and use fans to keep me cool.

I used to live in Arizona and had to move to get away from the heat, 24 years was a long time to live in the desert southwest! I moved to Oregon in 2004 and it's 95 up here right now with a lot of humidity on top of the heat! It has been like this for a bout a month straight which is not the norm for Oregon. I don't know if there is anywhere that any of us can go these days on this planet to avoid the heat or terrible storms that seem to be plaguing the United States and the world. It seems like the planet is just really unhappy and there doesn't seem to be much relief for anyone no matter where you live. I can only hope that it gets cooler as the seasons change. I am so achy today...I had a bad migraine last night and it doesn't seem to want to go away. I think that the weather contributes to it and there isn't much that can be done about that. We all just have to do our best and acclimate for whatever conditions we face. I also need to get a job and keep it. I have tried to get on disability now for the past 13 years and I am still being denied. My house is up for sale because I can't pay my rent, and I have no family whatsoever who will help me or my son. I wish I had some better answers than what I have had so far, but I guess all I can do is just keep on trying until things start to look up. Everyone do your best to relax and enjoy whatever there is in your life that brings you some peace and joy.

I agree...the heat is killing me. The cold is painful, but the heat is causing fatigue. I live in South Texas and the heat / humidity is suffocating. I agree with everyone else that I seem to be very moody with the temperature extremes. :confused:

I love to be bundled to keep my muscles from aching and it just isn't the same when it is triple digits outside!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back