Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2014
Country
US
State
ny
Hi! I'm newly diagnosed with fibro after almost three years of constant doctors appointments... It's nice to finally have an idea of what I am up against as well as a name for all this! Atleast I know its real and not in my head.

Of course my head is still spinning... questions like how do I cope? What now? and How will this effect my kids? run thru my mind constantly...

Glad to find like minded people who understand! :) Nice to meet you!

Re: Hi

Welcome to the forum. I think between what you can read for yourself and by sharing your opinions and thoughts on the forum, you will learn all kinds of coping skills that will help you to manage your pain and fatigue, brain fog and other symptoms. Lots of thoughts about medications and alternatives, are talked about and daily living hints as well.

I hope you enjoy the forum and please feel free to ask any question and post on any topic. Visit our off-topic subjects too and enjoy telling us about one of your good days or your hobbies. I look forward to seeing you around the forum. :)

Hi, and Welcome to the forum. Don't get too depressed about your condition, it can be managed and you can have a happy productive life living with fibro. I was diagnosed about 20 years ago and I have to say that I suffer less pain now than I did when I was younger. I think one thing that has helped me is I got remarried about 2.5 years ago and I am very happy with my husband. I am no longer lonely and not depressed. I come to the conclusion that being happy and fulfilled really helps in the pain I feel from fibromyalgia. Now I am not saying you will not suffer pain, but it really seems to help to keep busy, do mild exercise and eat really well. Being in love and happy also is a big plus. Also doing things that you love do really helps also. Whether this be taking photographs, painting, reading or ballroom dance lessons. I hope you find out some life changing tips on here, and I hope I can help with any questions you may have. Good luck!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum, nykijo! You sound like a really optimistic person, I really like that :) It's good you are taking things so well, sometimes I'm not that good doing that, because there are some really bad days, but at the same time those bad days have actually taught me to appreciate even more the good ones.

I'm glad you joined us, I truly hope you find this forum very useful, I know you will surely enjoy the venting forum ;) I know I have! That sub forum is the right place to vent when you really need to, the rest of the forum is filled with a lot useful info and answer to many important questions :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back