Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/1999
Country
US
State
CA
I've said for a LONG TIME, that the thyroid and FM are so connected.....my story is long and went on from 1991 and finally got on Armour in 2002...10 yrs of depression lifted once on Armour. I've been taking Armour since then and am now up to 120mg....

The synthetics did NOT work for me....

Armour has always been a fair price and very affordable, I carry no insurance drug coverage....

But they have gone thru company changes and the price has about tripled from what I've paid for MANY years. This is recent months.

No advertising allowed.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's interesting. I've read quite a few articles and some recent research in the role of the thyroid in chronic fatigue in particular. Were you diagnosed with a thyroid disease or imbalance or did you just try this on your own?

My "gut" told me at early 50's, thyroid was sluggish and I had been depressed and that depression lasted 10 long years....and no help from MD on thyroid....finally in 2002 my osteopath called in for Armour, no labs nadda, and the 10 yrs of depression lifted in 4 days.....YEP, 10 yrs and cocktails of anti depressants, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

As I said I could write my book on this mess, and I don't know too many at least over 50 who do not get thyroid supported...my friend with CFS takes Armour also, but she has the horrible Malaise and crashing... and gets sick too. But some CFS issues are so so so hard to fix and she works and works on everything that comes in her face...

I don't get sick and have not for years....I also take grape seed extract going on 20 yrs.

If you feel sluggish, have pain, fatigue, weakness, cold extremeties, and on and on, thyroid could really be the culprit. Read some good books too. Mary Shomon's books and Stop The Thyroid Madness book, I own both books. I've been on another FM/CFS group for 8 yrs and learned so much and helped so many...got tired of the group and needed to move on. J

Just know long before labs existed, people came in with long lists of symptoms and the old time docs KNEW thyroid was needed....now today, it's labs, drugs and drugs and drugs....the old docs knew so much more than the younger ones know today. I'm Older if you hadn't noticed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back