Sarahrees222

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2020
Country
UK
Hi all,

I'm newly diagnosed, well if you can call being diagnosed...completing a form and the dr looking snd saying "it's probably fibro".

I convinced myself I had M.S, going as far as paying for a private MRI. The neurologist said it was clear and all my symptoms (long list) were "non organic" and "probably anxiety". I've never felt so ignored and unheard in my life.

Long story short, does anyone get tingles ( I call them heebie jeebies) like someone has walked over your grave type feeling...they start on my scalp run down my neck and shoulders down my back and even reach my arms and legs. They can happen multiple times a day, some worse that others.

Thanks

Sarah

Hi Sarah,
Many of us can relate to being ignored and unheard. It's awful, and it is part of the fibromyalgia experience, so you are not alone.

I get those tingles, or tiny electric shocks, or feeling like tiny ants running and biting, on my legs. I have found that using a TENS machine sometimes helps with those. Those sensations are in my opinion sometimes even worse than the pain, because it is so unsettling even though I am used to having them by now.

Thank you Sunkacola. I'm sorry you feel them too, but somewhat of a relief its not "in my head". They are unsettling and get me down. I just feel like I'm being invaded on the inside and out.

It can feel like an invasion, I am not fond of ants, and the feeling makes me feel as if ants are on my body in the thousands. So, yeah.

Doesn't seem as if a TENS would help, but I find that it is the only thing that does. Sometimes actually makes the "ants" go away.

And no, this is definitely not in your head. I really wish people would stop assuming that something another is experiencing must be imaginary just because they have never felt it themselves. When I am feeling especially uncharitable, I'd like to give some people just an hour of what I go through most days. It sure would open their eyes. (and sometimes I wish they would feel it longer than an hour):mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back