Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/2015
Country
US
State
Ga
Tingling down my arm into my hand. Does anyone else have this problem? I also have burning sesation at the base of both of my thumbs. These are new symptoms to me. The majority of my pain is in my legs after I have been shopping or up for periods of time....I feel very tired.

Angelwings, what type of work do you do? You could be suffering from carpal tunnel syndrome. My tingling was most from the elbow to the end of my hands. Got tested and sure enough I have carpal tunnel syndrome from years of typing. I wear splints to bed now and that seems to really help. That and the fact that I no longer work. No burning sensation for me though.

I have had nerve conduction studies and they were all normal. I do not work right now but I am a nurse. I have spinal stenosis and wonder if it might be related to that. I was just wondering if anyone else had these symptoms. Fibro has so many symptoms it is hard to determine if they are Fibro related or something else.

angelwings,

i have the same tingling,burning, and throbbing you have. you said you have spinal stenosis.
the spine is the pathway that the nervous system uses to send messages to the brain to send pain to different areas of the body.

as there are so many messages being send at one time, the nerves are getting over worked. thus causing you the tingling.

Try the gabapentin to reduce those messages to the brain. it works wonderfully on me to reduce the tingling pain.
nerve blockers to the brain like cymbalta may help you too. read the med guide on that medication. talk the pharmacist about those
and all the meds you are taking. they know meds.

make an informed decision on the meds. your doctor thinks the effects out way the side effects.
mine thought that vision loss out weighted the pain. well let me tell you from experience. vision loss does not out weigh the pain.

get the meds that help with reducing the pain signals and keep seeing your kids and loved ones.

If the Dr has looked at the problem already and test have been done then yes fibro can do all kind of things.
Five weeks in a row my tailbone hurt like hell,no one here seemed to have it .yet just like that it was gone.
Now I have pain In my shoulder. Few weeks maybe months it could be somewhere else .

My pain seems to morphe from one place to another. I may have pain really bad in an area for several months and then it goes away only to re appear somewhere else later. Right now I am in the good stage......just feeling fatigued every night around the same time. Its almost like running out of fuel. I take Lyrica at night to help me sleep. Wondering when the next wave will hit and where?

take the good days as they come. dont wonder when the next bad days is coming. that will give you stress. stress=pain.

im glad your at a good stage. fibro works that way. bad in arm for a while then all good then bad in leg.

remember its how our brains are processing the pain signals and the nerve run all over our body.

may you have many good days ahead of you.

Definitely from stenosis. Are you able to do any physical therapy?

My theory is spine problems/injuries can cause fibromyalgia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back