Status
Not open for further replies.
As I stated in my first post, my PCP has tested me for multiple conditions and is leaning toward fibro. I don't want this condition any more than anyone else on this forum. I will be seeing a rheumatologist next Wednesday and I hope to have some answers then. In the meantime, I have been under increased stress related to an ill parent and my symptoms are 10 times worse! I can hardly function. Swollen hands, stiff joints, flu-like achiness, extreme fatigue, headaches.... Same old story....:-(

:( I hope you get some stress relief. Keep us updated!

:( I hope you get some stress relief. Keep us updated!

I'm sorry it has taken me so long to update, but I saw the rheumatologist about a week and a half ago and was officially diagnosed with fibro.... Now what? I've tried cymbalta and lyrica and both gave me side effects that I did not like so I'm not sure where to turn now. I have to follow up with my PCP since it's not RA or lupus and see what she recommends. I am looking into some dietary changes such as paleo or anti inflammatory diet to see if that helps. Suggestions?

My relative has fibrylagia, she is tired all the time, I mean so tires that I actually wish I could give her some of my energy, when she feels that way, she never wants any disturbance at all.

Not all acute pains point towards fibromyalgia. So please do not jump into conclusions before having yourself tested. Visit a doctor and let him give your diagnosis. Before that, if you read more on FBM, you will draw illusionary conclusions. This is common, and I am sure you guys won't be having the disease and it can also be something minor. I think it is a long term condition and the stages are very clear, so hurry up checking yourself up with a doctor soon.

Good point. A lot people mistakenly think every symptom is caused by fibro, so they go on with their life like normal, until (in some cases) they have a very rude awakening and discover the symptoms they were having weren't normal at all and were actually caused by something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back