Not open for further replies.

gammywfm

Diagnosis
12/2012
Country
US
State
pa
Hi everyone. I'm new here and I see so many of you saying how you still are able to get out and some still work. I just don,t have the energy for anything I try to get out at least once a week but then the exhaustion is worse. Between my fibro pain and degenerative arthritis in my back I'm in constant pain doctor put me on gabapentin, norco, parafon forte, and effexor but still in pain and no energy. I also have sleep apnea what does everyone do to help the exhaustio? Feels like I'm missing out on life.

I get caught dozing at my desk!.
Sometimes it's hard but I need the pennies so I just have to get on with it.

Hello and welcome to the forum. I am one that is not working anymore do to the fatigue and pain. The best I can do is write on blogs and write stories sometimes. Fibro is not friendly to people struggling to try and work, and my heart goes out to each one of them. Personally, I don't know how they manage to keep going on the days when the pain and fatigue are worse.

Anyways, please keep coming back and ask some questions and share what you know in the answers. There are lots of good topic's that give wonderful advice to those in need. I enjoy meeting new friends and the way we try and help each other by listening and responding in kind and easy ways. Look forward to reading your posts. :)

I'm also not working. Every now and then (like today) I have a day so good that I almost forget about the pain, at least for a little while. Then there's other days like last week when the idea of going to my physical therapy session had me in tears because I just didn't even want to think about the possibility of being touched. Thankfully he only touched me once, and it was meant as a comforting/companionable pat on the shoulder, but it was enough to make me see stars.

I am also not working..I have had surgery on my back twice. I have fibro/cfs/internal cystitis/tmj......the list goes on, and on. It is impossible for me to work. Between my back, the fibro and the HORRID fatigue....I would surely be fired!

I also don't work thank goodness, lot many jobs before I was able to get onto dissability. Some days its all I can do to make dinner and eat it so thankfully I don't have to do anything on the bad days. My heart goes out the the people who have to go to work, don't know how they do it.

I am new to this forum, and really glad to find a place to get info and just vent every once in a while! I've had fibro for a long time, but was only diagnosed a few years ago. I have continued to work through it all, with the help of many meds and a very supportive family. Sometimes on my days off all I can do is sleep. Always tired, always in pain, but trying to keep a positive attitude.

I worked in the beginning but now I'm a stay at home mom. They say fibro isn't progressive that is bull. 13yrs later I'm so much worse than in the beginning. Most days I cannot get out of bed. In the summertime I manage much better, especially when the water in pool the pool is warm. If the water is below 85 I cannot go in or my muscles freeze up. Thank god winter is behind us.

I hear ya lisalynn. I was diagnosed over 10 years ago and im a lot worse now than then. maybe its fibro or maybe its underlying age related illnesses like arthritis kicking in making the fibro flare more for longer, who know. i just know i dont much like it

They say fibro isn't progressive that is bull. 13yrs later I'm so much worse than in the beginning.

I was just diagnosed last September and one of the first things my neurologist told me was that it was progressive... perhaps newer information that is out there? Or maybe he is just on the ball?

It is really hard to have Fibro and you are the one putting food on the table, if you get what I mean. If there are children and a spouse that depends on you, sometimes there is no way but to ignore the pain and just set the mind in working until the clock stikes 5. My brother in law was diagnosed but he has no choice but to still go out for some income because there is a family to feed. I sincerely hope he finds a better job that does not require him to go out, like a stay-at-home job or a business that is home based.

SI think at some point u cannot suck it up and work through the pain......its just not possible. The first few years I was able to do a lot more than now years later. Im a mom of 4 and i have a wonderful husband.....he has a good job, so I am able to stay home. If I didn't I'd have to be on disability. Its very frustrating and extended family do not understand.

Hi everyone. I'm new here and I see so many of you saying how you still are able to get out and some still work. I just don,t have the energy for anything I try to get out at least once a week but then the exhaustion is worse. Between my fibro pain and degenerative arthritis in my back I'm in constant pain doctor put me on gabapentin, norco, parafon forte, and effexor but still in pain and no energy. I also have sleep apnea what does everyone do to help the exhaustio? Feels like I'm missing out on life.

I am also new to this site and the first post I read was yours and you sound exactly like me with much of the same diagnosis. The only difference is I also have Rhrumatoid and osteo arthritis. I have pain 24/7 and on numerous pain meds which dont control the pain. I am exhausted as soon as i do anything and i cant sleep more then 1 to 2 hours at any time. It gets really hard to keep going. I hope we both find someone that has some ideas on what we can do. Hope to talk to you again soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back