'Tis the season for... SAD syndrome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! Let’s think about what plants we could be, whatever you’d be jem’s you’d be a beautiful/edgy and a bit different one, I’m gonna have a little sleep now before I go through modules for next weeks meeting, have a good day everyone! 🕸🕷🕸

Yes! Let’s think about what plants we could be, whatever you’d be jem’s you’d be a beautiful/edgy and a bit different one, I’m gonna have a little sleep now before I go through modules for next weeks meeting, have a good day everyone! 🕸🕷🕸
Thanks, you too lovely 🌵🪴🎄🌴🎍

Personally I've never cared for this being called or considered a disorder. Im a cactus. Seriously I need sun and never drink enough. If you take a cactus out of the desert 🏜 and put in antarctic
:DWow - this would be the most radical "radical acceptance" of fibro etc. I can think of right now, ey @Jemima!? 😜
For once I'm gonna resist the temptation of pondering - on human beings not being able to move and only able to live in one habitat...
So: Not we're too slow, but: we just are as we are, or: others are too fast? Ah, too much to think... 🤯 (esp. with gastroenteritis :rolleyes:)

🥰 sweeeeeeeeeet ☺️

Oh come on @JayCS , you don’t need one of those, you know we all think your fab on here 🥳👌🏻 🖤

I think you guys are so special if tell some won what's happening they you at me like something is wrong with me and I don`t mean fiber like I am week or something
If someone tells you or implies you are weak, just remember that it takes far more inner strength than they can even imagine just to keep going when you have something like FM in your life.

Just to get out of bed and face the day and do what needs to be done takes strength and courage that they do not have to apply to their days because for them everything is so much easier than it is for us on many days.

Do not take their ignorant words to heart. They only say that because they have no idea. Ignorance is not a character flaw, so don't hate them for it. Just know that they speak out of lack of knowledge of what your life is like. Explain, if they will listen, and if they won't listen or believe you just limit the time you spend with them if possible because they are not helping you.

Yes i am just been frind fibro has been geeting much worse lately have no idear why ,i had to give up lawn bowls i am not very good but it`s fun and i didn1t wait to let my team down .Ps, say chatting with someone who same problems might help me .

I hope it will help in some way William, it helps me and other people I message on the forum’s who have been through/going the the same things, I’m sorry to hear you had to give up something you enjoyed very much, I think we can all relate to things we’ve had to let go of because of this strange condition whether social or work wise, I hope it brings some comfort and maybe even ideas that could help with improvements, either way welcome ⛅️🌤☀️

Speaking as a lone Matriarch with a large family of around 20, which includes 10 grand-children & two great grandchildren - Christmas is huge for me, especially financially, as I'm on a very small income, so the buying of presents starts in July & the effort of it all & making Christmas happen is akin to climbing Everest for me.

The dread & depression starts about September & worsen with each passing day directly connected to the darkness as it to creeps in.

This loathing of the darkness is not helped by my son living with me in my tiny one-bedroom flat, who has serious mental health issues such as Bipolar, P.T.S.D., paranoia etc meaning he is only comfortable with the curtains drawn, so I'm in semi-darkness all year even when the light is with us.

Sadly, even if I wanted to I can't up & move to sunnier climes as I couldn't afford to do that & am frail due to my own health being so poor
& the stress of even attempting to do that would probably kill me.

Besides, I am needed here & if I was to withdraw my support for those who rely on me, their future would be uncertain to say the least.

On top of all the stress financial & otherwise & lack of warmth & light, the winter also exacerbates my physical pain & every day becomes an even bigger struggle both physically & mentally.

I envy those who have escaped to the sun but the reality is that with Climate Change extremities now gathering pace, I'm blessed to live in a reasonably temperate climate here in the UK, where although we are facing increased rainfall & sporadic local flooding, nothing too extreme happens & one can't rely on weather patterns in any part of the world, especially as the warmer parts of the world are facing increasing temperatures, heatwaves, drought & wildfires and extreme heat makes me ill, so it woulld be out of the frying pan into the fire for me.

So I remind myself that the grass is not always greener elsewhere, grit my teeth, gird my loins & got on with the challenge of this time of year,
keeping focused on the Winter Solstice when we have turned the corner so the light starts to return, getting what joy I can out of Christmas
but being glad when it's behind me rather that in front of me & the coming of the Spring.

Plus I have a little trick up my sleeve by declaring Spring on January 2nd whatever the weather is doing, even if it's snowing & festooning the place with Spring blooms such as Daffodils & Hyacinths etc as soon as they appear in the shops & then my walks become all about spotting the Snowdrops, Crocus etc which bring me great joy, along with looking for any signs of rebirth I see.

In short, the next seven weeks till the Solstice & then Christmas itself are to be got through as best I can,
which am sure applies to many of you.

Then it's onwards & upwards
(when I finally manage make it up off the floor from the heap I will be in).

Last edited:
Thought I'd pressed the wrong button, which is the story of my life!

I know what I am going to say may be not be appropriate to all but having said all I've said about the darkness,
& how much I struggle with it, of course, I have the one light that saves me, always shining bright & that's my faith,
without which I could not have made it through, or even survived, this last decade & the horrors it has brought
& the struggle I've been in ever since.

With the light I am blessed with that never fails me, I shall go on.

I wish you all the blessing of your own light, whatever that may be,
may it see you through the winter darkness & all it's challenges

and may you all be blessed & have joy beyond your circumstances x

Last edited:
The first thing I did was take all of the drapes off of the windows, my family thought I was crazy, but it definitely helped. I have the added issue of some skin cancer so really cannot be out in direct sunlight, it's a double edged sword.

take all of the drapes off of the windows
Now that's got a positive double-edged touch.... taking all our drapes off our windows to let in the light... 😅
My wife keeps wanting me to put something on the window of my (pretty empty) man-cave, esp. now a male friend has moved in directly opposite. I need the light & freedom tho...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back