Too scared to enjoy a good day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried cbd oil it was mouth drops from.holland and Barrett health store didn’t do anything I don’t know if we have delta 8 over here I’ll google it in a bit. Marijuana is still a class b in Britain .pets are the best they make everything better

You guys probably read it already (sorry if I'm repeating myself like a deaf parrot!) but if you're struggling with conventional meds for fatigue/fog I really recommend exploring supplements. They've carried me much further than a script ever did.

Norco is hydrocodone (an opioid) used to treat pain. Yes, MRSA was quite an experience. I say now that I am my dog's therapy human because she was definitely my therapy dog while I was bedridden for months anchored to an IV pole.
Jemima has given you good advice. I am very glad to hear you are discontinuing the Norco because that is very bad for you in the long run. Not only is it addictive, terribly so, but also it will stop working at one level, requiring an increase of dosage, and so on.

As for CBD.....my experience and that of a lot of other people is that CBD alone doesn't help very much if at all. I did a lot of research and found that the studies have shown that CBD works best when combined with THC, either 1:1 or else a greater percentage of CBD than THC.

After a lot of experimentation, I am now using CBD/THC often to help manage the pain, and I am very happy with it for myself.
One thing I very strongly recommend is to use tinctures and edibles only. Tinctures to start with because they are so much more easy to regulate dosage exactly so you can find out what works best. And don't smoke or vape! That is as bad for you as smoking tobacco, or more so, and we don't need even more health issues. Plus, tobacco can slow down your circulation which is the last thing you want if you have fibromyalgia.

If you try the tinctures, start with the smallest dose you can and work up from there, keeping track of how much you took and when and what effect it had. I found that it helps some kinds of pain immensely but doesn't have much effect on others. You will find out for yourself with experimentation.

Yes, I've recently added Alpha Lipoic Acid, D-Ribose, CoQ10, SAM-E, and Folic Acid to my daily supplements. Unfortunately, I live in a medical-only state and my options are limited when it comes to CBD/THC combination products. Delta 8 is legal here, for now, so I'm trying it and am pleased with the help it provides for a good night's sleep.

My dr won’t let me take sleeping pills and anyone who knows anything about fibro knows a good sleep is good for it I’ve had 5 8 hour sleeps in the last 5 years .ive found green tea helps my tingling nerve pain I find it relaxing it might not work for everyone but I find it quite helpful

My dr won’t let me take sleeping pills and anyone who knows anything about fibro knows a good sleep is good for it I’ve had 5 8 hour sleeps in the last 5 years .ive found green tea helps my tingling nerve pain I find it relaxing it might not work for everyone but I find it quite helpful
Hi Auriel,

I so relate on the sleep deprivation 🥱 I really recommend trying Magnesium Glycinate for sleep - particularly this kind of magnesium, as opposed to any other - which helped me a lot. You could also try a melatonin supplement; some find this helpful, but it didn't touch the sides for me!

The green tea idea is interesting! I used to drink it, but haven't in the last few years. I'll have to give that a go.

Yeah I’m gonna try melatonin .im out of magnesium I only ever tried the white pill form
I’m gonna try the type you said I’ll ask my chemist or the health shop I always noticed better sleep=less pain next day .i just have bad broken sleep wake up every hour

What is a hummingbird machine? Is it legit or just a company trying to cash in on us trying to get rid of this horrible thing?

It's a machine that helps stimulate your "second heart" which are your calf muscles and some studies have shown that this improves your muscle and joint pain as well as tingling and numbness in extremities, etc., by increasing circulation. Supposedly it operates at a specific frequency as well as correct amplitude to be most efficient. I've had it for a few weeks now. I only use it while I'm at work. I can't say for sure if it helps or not yet. I was just at the point that if there was a possibility it could help, it would be worth it.

I've had many stomach issues and found that Apple Cider Vinegar Gummies helped. Personally, I take the Goli brand. They make a gummy with Ashwagandha that is supposed to help with stress relief, improve your mood, quality of sleep, and memory. I started taking them last week and they seem to help. I have friends and family that don't have FM and swear by them. My problem is that I changed so many things and added more supplements within a pretty small timeframe, I won't know what is actually helping. 🙄

I don’t know if we got gummies we for sure got the vinegar I tried it before helped my joints a bit. I might try swimming again cos our pool has opened again.are the pools open there? Do you like swimming?

I've had many stomach issues and found that Apple Cider Vinegar Gummies helped. Personally, I take the Goli brand. They make a gummy with Ashwagandha that is supposed to help with stress relief, improve your mood, quality of sleep, and memory. I started taking them last week and they seem to help. I have friends and family that don't have FM and swear by them. My problem is that I changed so many things and added more supplements within a pretty small timeframe, I won't know what is actually helping. 🙄
Those gummies sound like something I would want to try. But the ingredients don't look to me as if there'd be enough of anything helpful in there that would actually do any good. You'd have to eat over 25 gummies to get the equivalent of one tablespoon of ACV, and the primary ingredient is sugar.
On the other hand...........if they work for you, go for it! No one else can tell you what works for you or doesn't. And it doesn't matter how or why they work, if they do.

The thing about trying things to see what works is that you have to try only one thing at a time in order to find out if it works or not. Doing multiple things, as you have found out, means you never know which one is helping. So at this point, I would suggest you stop all the things, and then add them back in one at a time.

Our pools are back open and i live in the country so we enjoy our rivers and creeks too but i haven't done any of that this year. My friends and i used to kayak often and slowly grew our crew from 3 to 15 people.... lots of fun!

I realized that i was making allot of changes all at once (and actually work in a research facility) i knew what i was doing was going to make pinpointing which methods helped and which are unnecessary impossible, but i was desperate. Most changes i made were better for even a healthy person, but now I'm going to remove one a month instead of adding one a month. 😏 but i totally agree with what you're saying!

Kayaking sounds so much fun! And that’s a good plan I might add more vitamins to my diet I don’t eat meat .ok goodnight crystalrosepaul 🌝

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back