Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2003
Country
US
State
Wisconsin
I am only 33, I have only been married for a little over a month, I now have seven children,( some by marriage), I have four dogs, two cats, two wood stoves and a house to run... How am I to do it all when I hurt too bad to move! I am so depressed most days. I do t even feel like a good wife or mother!:(

Welcome ,and I though four kids were hard work.
Ok firstly how long u had this illness . What meds do u take . Oh and with seven kids the words household chores comes to mind .it really helps a lot.even if they just keep there rooms tidy .or the washing is put in the washing machine .
Your not super women ,time for mum to look after herself for a bit x

one minute at a time is all we can do.

read the threads and learn how to reduce the pains and the fatigue.

ask questions so we can help you.

remember to vent here instead of at the hubby or kids!

you need to educate your partner get them on board or your on a sinking ship with that big of a fam!

your support system is vital you will crash without one you have us you need your hubby on board to

thats a must educate take to the doctor here other educational sites! read my tips for new comers

on diet it will help you and your family and keep the kids calmer! put your foot down make the kids

eat more healthy less sugar pop garbage mainly they wont be so wound up and hard on you and

wear your fibro if it means habit changes and fights trust me calmer kids is worth the less pain!

good luck

My husband and children have all been "briefed" on the subject, so to speak. I am not entirely sure what all it entails, but we are all learning. I have had the condition since I was roughly 10. I had a very hard and horrifying childhood... Hence, the young age. It has been about 12 years now that things have been bad, more so I. The last year... Especially the last month! I have a harder and harder time getting up and staying awake. I think I have that chronic fatigue syndrome... I am having to admit that I can't be superwoman all of the time... Or at all lately! A month ago I was running a chainsaw and wood splitter... Now I need help to do almost everything! I am on 900mg of neuron tin, three times a day. It doesn't seem to help like it did a year ago... I feel, honestly, like the entire last year of my life has been a steady downward slide down the impassible mountain that is this disease! My depression is so bad now,it is almost suffocating! I thank you for your kind and wise words! It has been a big help! I also broke down and cried...hard... And told my husband just how useless I feel now! He is such a loving and understanding man, I couldn't have asked for a better husband! Last year when I was going through breast cancer, he was so supportive! He was also pushy when it came to me not feeling up to going to my treatments and eating and sleeping right, lol. My mother hen of a husband, lol.
I was taught that men and women both had "their own" work and expectations. The man is to do the hard and dangerous stuff and the woman is to clean the house and tend to the children. I am less worried about letting my husband down now, because I know he understands and still accepts and loves me! Our kids are so helpful, when they can be, lol, school and all. They nag once in a while, but they are such wonderful kids! I, on the other hand, have a VERY big problem with the fact that I can't live up to my own expectations! I am very unforgiving when it comes to laziness or messiness... And now sometimes all I can do is sit back and look at the clutter and mess. Then the cycle starts over... Could someone find me on Facebook and chat with me through messenger? That is easier for me to access than the website... Sorry the reply was so long coming! My name is Krystal lindsley... Looking for someone that I can vent to and maybe cry to...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back