Top 3-5 Things that Helped you the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bumbambim5

Reason
DX CFS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
Does not matter how weird it is, often the stupid stuff works the best, For me it has been:
  • fixing sleep ,Ditching computer usage/any kind of research at night few hours before going to sleep so you can fall asleep decently,have a good sleep and wake up well rested. (10/10)
  • Getting a very easy job which I can scale and do at my own pace from home (10/10)
  • Not stressing about anything, stopped reading any news, stopped being perfectionist or trying to change people or even reading about CFS or giving it any thought. (9/10)
  • As a male, I stopped watching hot babes online and doing the other thing which is a huge energy drain on your hormone system (8.5/10)
  • Started to eat clean, mostly ''whole food plant based'' , but not 100% ,doing it 100% messed me up even worse due to stressing about it and trying to do it perfectly/trying to convince others and defend my choice. It's good stuff however don't go crazy with it, 95% clean food and 5% junk food/meat will give 10x more overall benefit. (8/10)
These are my top things with added score how I rate them myself/how important they have been in recovery.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great share!! I havent found anything "yet". I think for me it will be starting with figuring out how to get a good nights sleep!! Working on that.

This is six, but all have helped me.

In no particular order:

• getting enough sleep (9 hours) when I can....not always possible, but I try.
  • getting outdoors and hiking in nature regularly, and paying attention to and appreciating the presence of my dogs
  • lowering exposure to or getting rid of sources of stress in my life (a little harder these days than it used to be!!)
  • doing my best to keep a positive attitude toward my body's problems
  • medical cannabis combined with CBD both in tincture form
  • learning to accept, and not fight it or get mad about it, when my body cannot do what it used to do, or what I want it to do on any given day.

Sleeping better is key!
Exercise daily, including walking, exercise class, yoga and stretching
Pot, which is legal in my State

Learning to pace myself has been really important for me , taking rest times during the day , being ok to say no to people and events etc , accepting I’m not who I used to be.

Getting a good nights sleep , so reading before bed , or meditation etc, not tv or phone .

No drinking alcohol , that one beer is not worth the pain, suffering, migraines and toxic feeling the next 3 days.

Daily exercise , Meaning my new normal of exercise , not a crazy hard hot power yoga class for 75 minutes, but a quiet 20 minute walk in my neighborhood, followed by gentle stretching in my living room.

In order for me to feel pretty good I need the following:
1) good nights sleep 8-9 hours
2) taking CBD oil on a daily basis helps manage the pain ( it does not go away completely but is manageable with a low dose) plus one prescribed med.
3) eating a healthy low fat low sugar diet of whole foods and no processed foods ( if I eat junk food it only feels good at the time...I pay later)
4) avoiding stress and taking the time to be mindful of all the wonderful blessings around me
5) lowering my standards about work around the house and it's OK for things to be messy......life is not perfect.
6) getting regular exercise throughout the week but not overdoing it.

1. Avoiding stress is huge. Accepting I can't do as much, work as much as I used to.
2. Sleeping well is my top priority.
3. Doing yoga and mild exercise
4. Massaging the pain away. I use a tiny ball for arms and legs, it's painful but helps so much. Also to use the fascia roll for back and legs. (I have pain mostly in my legs and arms)
5. Take time to rest, working freelance, deciding myself how much I work and when I work helped so much. Also that I lilove my work. And enjoying the nice painfree days even more.

1. I take D-Ribose 2-3 times per day. It helps to keep my energy levels up & to prevent crashes
2. Trazodone 100 mg for sleep
3. MELT exercises & foam roller
4. CBD 5 mg. gummies for stress & insomnia
5. 400 mg Magnesium Glycinate before bed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back