Topicals or Supplements

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if magnesium topical gel is worth trying, apparently magnesium absorbs well when taken transdermally. In the meantime I've started KAL magnesium and Psyllium tablets. The Psyllium are big tablets and difficult to swallow.
I'd be surprised: there is little evidence for skin absorption (e.g. healthline page on magnesium sorts), despite Epsom salts (magensium sulfate being popular), I'd keep with capsules, esp. malate and/or glycinate.
All psyllium I know (for IBS, not FM itself) is a granulate which you dissolve in water, which makes much more sense to me.

One of our regular posters @JayCS has had amazing success with GABA, in combination with a stack that looks very different to mine
Well, Jemima, not that different...
Uploading chart as file or pic didn't work, so...

(ALC Acetyl L-carnitine): fog, energy, inflamm., lipids (but ineffective with, so only alternate to LC (carnitine) or PLC)): 3(-4)x0.5g/d
(Arginine L- (amino acid) CVD): 2-3x2g/d
(B3 Niacin CVD: 3x50mg/d incr., careful: flushing!)​
B6 as P5P supports GABA, sleep: 1x40mg/d​
B12 Methylcobalamin (I get 5mg s.c. every 1-2 months)​
Carnitine, L-carnitine (LC): as tartrate, not HCl! e.g. Carnipure; amino acid derivative, so like them) for energy, lipoprotein (a); 1-4g/d​
D3 (+K2, best as MK7): 1x20k IE/w​
GABA Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid: sleep/relaxation, fog, pains, ache, stiffness, anxiety: 2g(4x0.3-0.6g) (start with 125mg)
ginkgo biloba (higher amount of active terpenes and bioflavonoids): fog, inflammation, energy?, lipids: 2x60-120mg​
glutamine L-glutamine: sleep/relaxation. Stiffness? (3x03.-0.5g)
magnesium glycinate: fog 3x50mg net, or 6x if only one type of mg​
magnesium malate: pain, ache, fog 3x45mg net, or 6x if only one type of mg​
mumijo (3-4 week stints, 10 days without): energy, pain/ache, inflammation, antioxidant, IBS, stiffness, anxiety, lipids: 2x0.2g
NAC N-acetylcysteine (derivative of amino acids): sleep/relaxation, fog, energy, pains, infl., antiox., anxiety, blood clots. 1-5x0.5g. sfx?!​
NADH (B3-coenzyme, not with meals/acids)(?): fog, energy, pains, antioxidant, stiffness, bp.: 2,5mg-20mg; may be difficult: sfx?!​
Omega 3 Ω3: microalgae! Fish & algae: organic DHA-rich: Schizochytrium sp.: pains, infl., stiffness, bp.: 1x5ml
Passiflora: sleep/relaxation, antioxidant?, bp.: I need 4x289mg, double the recommended amount​
Pectin (CVD) & Psyllium (IBS)​
PQQ (Pyrroloquinoline quinone): energy, inflammation, antioxidant: 10-20mg/d​
Q10 CoQ10 (normal is ubiquinone, more bioavailable, but less research: ubiquinol): sleep, energy, pain, gum inflamm., lipids, CVD, unclots.​
Quercetin (polyphenol like resv): Sleep/relaxation, lipids, bp.: 1x0.5g​
(Resveratrol (polyphenol): lipids, bp, vessels: 2x0.4g)​
Rhodiola rosea rose wort, rose root: sleep, inflammation, lipids, bp.: 2x0.2g​
Ribose, D-, sugar: fog, energy: 0-6x0.2g (GI-sfx for me, so just "sugary energy" if needed!)
SAM-e, SAMe: energy, pain, inflammation, stiffness: 1(-4?)x0.2g​
Selenium (<6 months): fog, energy, antioxidant, CVD, thyroid. 1x200mcg​
Serrapeptase enzyme (stuffy nose; away from meals): sleep, pain, inflammation, CVD, vessels, unclots: 3x2x125kSP​
theanine, L- amino acid: sleep, fog, anxiety: 2x0.1g​
(zinc (bisglycinate: praps with meal, picolinate: before): inflammation: 1x25mg)​

Last edited:
Impressive - thank you for sharing!

Think I'll stick with magnesium tablets rather than gel. Considered it for my neck, hamstrings and knees. On the other hand I've had painful flares trying to massage something on my neck.

On the other hand I've had painful flares trying to massage something on my neck.
Yup, when I try trigger pointing it hurts after and doesn't help, but when my acupressurist does it, it hurts a lot while she does it, but not much after & decreases and gets better. So I don't try myself any more...

Trying I guess is all we can do with this thing @Badger, you can also get psyllium powder too if the tablets are uncomfortable to swallow, 🌳🐻🌳

I think you can get psyllium in a powder form that you could mix in with a smoothie drink. Maybe that would be easier for you to consume, Badger.

Whoops. Posted that before I noticed that Auriel has said the same thing.

And (if I remember correctly) I said/described it yesterday on another thread too... :D - sticks better that way...
Edit: No, I didn't remember correctly; it was this thread. :p:cool:

But you did add the smoothie bit @sunkacola , so it was a bit extra 😁💛💛

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back