Tracing Origin of a Fibro Flare

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like mine has gotten so much worse over the years, it started pretty mild and now it seems like i have a flare once a month or more. and I'm always hurting in some way or another as I get older.
Yeah, many of us will agree, at least in hindsight, that fibro was building up long (years...) before we realized it, and this of course is a progression up to a certain very hilly "plateau". If you only have a flare 1-3x/m you might not have reached that "plateau" yet, as a lot of us have more than that unless/even if we pace perfectly. And of course age adds to that, but that's normal.
fibro isn't progressive
means that FM itself usually only progresses up to a certain range, & doesn't put us in a wheelchair - discounting age & co-morbidities.
In my case, in the 8y before it smashed in I kept getting a bit of the Ache, worse in wind & cold. In the 2 years since then the first 6 months I was pretty debilitated mainly from doc treatments (& procedures like spinal tap) & praps winter. Then 4 months some improvements from osteopathy & cryotherapy & praps summer, allowing to start work after 10 months & play table tennis fairly normally again. Then 7 months improvements from (cryotherapy &) acupressure plus increasing exercises. And now 7 months major improvements from supps added to that, stabilizing & almost normalizing the activity I can do for 4h/d (instead of 12h+/d like I used to) as well as sleep, stiffness etc. A few months ago my wife still had the feeling of negative progression despite GABA having brought my stiffness down by 90%, something she can see, because she does see some pain & exhaustion in my eyes/face even tho I don't let on. But now NADH often gets my stiffness down even more so I can now often manage @sunkacola's challenge of getting up from the floor without using hands or do a fast foot dance. I wdnt say my FM has progressed positively tho, it's just I've perfected managing it with every single possibility my body allows, so I have a high Quality of Life at nearing 40% activity plus 60% maintaining that, which is fine for me.
But the FM is not progressing, it's plateauing. And the treatments are also investment to keep age factors down.

I mean honestly, what the heck is my pelvis hurting for?
Two answers my acupressurist (who has FM) would give me:
1) Scarred tissue etc. from unknown long-gone injuries. 2) She herself has a switch inside (I think she imagines it at the back of her neck) with which she supposedly manages to shut off any "pain which isn't helping by being a warning", esp. when sleeping.
"Scars": Seems viable to me, and how she treats it with trigger pointing and vibrating helps. Even more so when I can feel bumps & lumps myself, like the other day when she was treating my left biceps for 30' to improve my elbow pain.
"Switch": Mine for ticklishness works better than the one for immediate pain (e.g. I was brilliant at "Chinese burn" as a kid). But I prefer concentrating on a positive image rather than sorting out if my pelvis has a reason for hurting or not... - I'd say if mine is hurting there is definitely a reason... but in excruciating pain like dentist or spinal tap or if I have pain all over - it's just "undergoing" it like an animal and even better beaming myself into a pleasant world far away with my telekinetic ;-) abilities...

means that FM itself usually only progresses up to a certain range, & doesn't put us in a wheelchair - discounting age & co-morbidities.
You're so right, JayCS - thank you for clarifying something that's important to say.

I'd also agree - I think it took about 6-7 years from my first symptoms to their ultimate peak, and this timeframe seems to be different for everyone. But all of that said, now that I'm managing it better, my symptoms swing up and down, but are well below that peak. I guess I was trying to portray that we aren't all doomed to endless decline - there's a cap to this thing - and it does leave us some room to maneuver!

@JayCS , does that mean pain I get in my pelvis (right side) could be scar tissue too? I had cysts on ovaries a while ago (both of them) I also have a little osteo in right hip (but it’s not in that area) also due to 2 operations (both through belly button, 1 gallbladder + endometriosis check) it’s left me with a keloid scar? does this this mean I’m prone to them? or because I had 2 ops at same entry point? Thanks 💫🧞‍♂️💫

does that mean pain I get in my pelvis (right side) could be scar tissue too? I had cysts on ovaries a while ago (both of them) I also have a little osteo in right hip (but it’s not in that area) also due to 2 operations (both through belly button, 1 gallbladder + endometriosis check) it’s left me with a keloid scar? does this this mean I’m prone to them? or because I had 2 ops at same entry point? Thanks 💫🧞‍♂️💫
She says that the modern operation techniques which leave less scars on the skin leave more scars on the inside, due to the surgeons having to maneuver around inside, which causes a load of invisible scars. No idea if that's realistic, I just know that her treatments help a ton, however she explains it: she gets almost every "single pain" I get down (not the Ache tho, that's up to the supps...).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back