Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2012
Country
CA
State
ON
Is anyone out there taking Tramadol, it is giving me stomach cramps I'm hoping that fades away soon. I really hope I don't have to go off of that now.

I take up to 6 50 mg. each day.....average day is 3. No stomach cramps here. The tramadol actually works very well for me.
Also, I take Pristiq 50mg and gabapentin at bedtime.

No stomach cramping from tramadol. But I did experience it atypical motility issues with Fibromyalgia. I take 50 mgs. twice daily and gabapentin, fleril magnesium and ambien at bedtime.

Been on tramadol 50mg for years..no stomach issues.

Been on 400mg now for 4 years, no stomach problems. Really helps my depression ALOT!

I was just put on tramadol on Monday for a flare up with a 50mg dose twice a day. After meeting with my PC for follow up I am now cutting it in fourths. The result has been very good for both my pain, and the side affects. MAybe discuss this as an option with your Dr.:idea:

I take 200mg of tramadol everyday, 300 on bad days, and increase to 400 during major flares. I could not function without it. No cramps, but some nausea at highest dose. My goal is to keep my pain level at a 4. (ha!) I also take 60mg Cymbalta.

Hello.
I am on tramadol, no issues. I never take them on a empty tummy, even if it is just a few biscuits or crackers.
Maybe you could try that.
They do work for me.
Stick with it for a bit longer, and see how you get on.

Tim x

I took tramadol for about 2 days, 50mg morning and night. I had to stop because it gave me the most severe nausea I've ever had, even when I took it with food. Tramadol is usually very safe and doesn't cause a lot of side effects, so I would call your doctor to see if what you're experiencing is normal.

I take 400mg per day the last 3 years and it works great!

Lana, I have been on it for over 5 years...no stomach issues....

I have been taking Tramadol for 3-4 years, and my only side effect seems to be constipation. Constipation does cause stomach pain sometimes but I wouldn't call it cramps.
(I had no idea we could take so much Tramadol...my doc only has me on 50mg up to 4x day. I do take more at a time, but never go over a total of 200mg/day. Maybe I should ask because I still hurt so much, but at least the edge is taken off.)

I also didn't realize you could take so much. I take 25mg if needed, not every day, but if am also on Cymbalta and Lyrica so maybe that is why. See if you can lower your dose and take it with food and plenty of water.

Is anyone out there taking Tramadol, it is giving me stomach cramps I'm hoping that fades away soon. I really hope I don't have to go off of that now.

Yes; I take 3 Tramadol/day + 90 mg of Cymbalta. At night 1 Tizanidine, a muscle relaxant. I have not had stomach pain from the Tramadol.

Do be careful for any of you taking any SSRI or SRNI with Tramadol as Tramadol has direct effects on 2 neurotransmitters favorable with Effexor and can cause interactions like serotonin Syndrome. The nausea is from the constipation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back