Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/1999
Country
US
State
MA
I’ve had Fibro for 30 years, seems like I can’t manage the pain anymore as the flare ups are lasting for weeks. Has anyone ever tried trigger point injections and we’re they helpful.

I have not tried anything like that. I have seen from another support group that those who have say the relief is only temporary :(

good morning,
yes, I have had one session of trigger point injections and didn't have any relief. For me, it was one of most painful procedures I've experienced. Doc wanted to inject lidocaine to lessen pain but I am allergic to it. That may be why it was so bad for me so I don't want to discourage too much. I couldn't make myself go back but he did say if they don't provide relief at first I could try 2 more sessions. Everyone is so different so it may work for you. I know with this condition almost any pain relief procedure is worth a try. Good luck , if you decide to do it I hope you'll let us know how worked for you?

My friend also has fibromyalgia and she said that the infusion for her back pain really helped her. She said she felt like a new person because the pain was substantially reduced. I know other people with back problems have had really good results which last for about 3 months. They are given the infusion at a pain clinic so it's not every Dr. who can do this. At least it saves some people from having back surgery by treating the symptoms.

good morning,
yes, I have had one session of trigger point injections and didn't have any relief. For me, it was one of most painful procedures I've experienced. Doc wanted to inject lidocaine to lessen pain but I am allergic to it. That may be why it was so bad for me so I don't want to discourage too much. I couldn't make myself go back but he did say if they don't provide relief at first I could try 2 more sessions. Everyone is so different so it may work for you. I know with this condition almost any pain relief procedure is worth a try. Good luck , if you decide to do it I hope you'll let us know how worked for you?

Just wondering how many injections did he give you with one visit and how did he locate the trigger points on you?

good morning,

Just wondering how many injections did he give you with one visit and how did he locate the trigger points on you?

The doctor did 6 points of pain. He was very informed on those areas except one which I pointed out. He did warn me beforehand that he was firm and precise..lol..not sure if he hit nerves but one arm was numb for an hour after and I did bruise for a week. it may be worth a try for you because some lucky patients do get 3 months of relief !

I’ve had Fibro for 30 years, seems like I can’t manage the pain anymore as the flare ups are lasting for weeks. Has anyone ever tried trigger point injections and we’re they helpful.
I have had trigger point injections but they did not help. I have also had FM for about 30 years and it has gotten worse in the last 12 years. I feel like I am in a constant flare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back