Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2012
Country
CA
State
ON
Hi everyone, does anybody have trouble speaking? now and again that happens to me. My brain knows what to say but the words don't come out. It can be rather embarrassing in front of strangers. I am getting nervous to talk to people because I never no when it is going to happen.

Hi Lana. It happens to me; more so when I am fatigued or stressed. Sometimes I say words that are close but not quite, like onion for orange. Or I will be typing an email or post and I type a totally out of place word. It does keep me on my toes. Remember to take a deep breath before speaking. My doc also assures me that this come with age, and after speaking with my friends and family, they acknowledge that it sometimes happens to them. I like to think of it as having so much stuff in my brain that it sometimes takes a bit longer to works its way out! When it started happening, my former doc gave me some cognitive tests and I have no deficiencies. So, if you're concerned you might ask your doc to do the same.

HI, me too. I really feel so ignorent when it happens. I either can't get the word out or I give out another word and do not even realize it. It happens most when I am run down. I think it is a part of the fibro fog stuff.

Hi Lana. This happens to me ALL the time. Thankfully my family and friends have adapted well, and can normallyfigure out what it is I really mean. It happens more frequently when I am tired, or stressed. I honestly think it is all part of the fibrofog. I have also noticed it happens more frequently when my Doc shifts my dosages of meds around as well.

Lana,
I have this problem all the time. The best you can do is speak slowing and quickly think up another word or words, that mean the same thing that you mean't to say. Sometimes I have to pause in my talking in order to get my meaning across. I don't know your age, but as we all get older this often happens. If you find it happening to often, ask your doctor about speech therapy. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back