Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
12/2013
Country
US
State
NC
My sister-in-law told me to add turmeric/curcumin to my daily diet to help alleviate pain and swelling. She also said to add a pinch of black pepper when I use turmeric because the pepper magnifies the turmeric's effects.

I absolutely do not want to be on medications. I've utilized her advice and have noticed slight improvements. I won't say it does the trick on it's own, but a combination of alternative approaches is helping me.

Turmeric also helps with heartburn, diarrhea, gas, bloating, liver problems, colds... the list goes on. If you haven't heard about its benefits, you might want to check it out.

My doctor has me taking 9 tumeric pills a day and season my food with it! Yes, it helps reduce inflammation and pain quite a bit.

I like it in curry, but it's also good mixed with cumin, ginger, and cinnamon for a Mexican type flavor.

I make a ginger/turmeric tea that seems to help if I drink it regularly. It's not like a pain pill or a naproxen that stops the pain just by taking it but if I drink three to four mugs a day for a week or more it seems to help. It's easy to make also just take the peeled ginger and turmeric and cut into small (quarter size for ginger, dime size for turmeric) pieces and boil to desired strength. For me I like to boil a lot to a very strong almost concentrated type and put it in a 2 quart container and put it in the fridge. Then when I want some I fill a mug about half way add more water and some lemon juice (some people like honey) and put it in the microwave to warm it up. This cuts down on the number of times I have to make the tea.

It sounds like we are both on the same boat, Ddavies. I'm also not eager to get on meds my mom keeps insisting i should take meds to alleviate my pain. Every time I tell her my neck or back are killing me she tells me: ''Well, you could take pain meds and get over with this''. Right, as if it was that easy! Like side effects don't exists or anything like that.

I will try your natural remedy. By the way... do you use something topical to treat your pain? I'm using both a gel and a very strong oil to help with the pain. The oil is better than the gel, but that little oil bottle is kinda expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back