Not open for further replies.

SammieBee

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2020
Country
UK
I've recently started to experience twitching/ pulsating sensations in my body. My thighs, legs and back, it tends to happen when I am trying to sleep and usually when Im rely tired.( I also had my blood results back and I have very low vit D- was prescribed Hux D3 20000 and have to take 2per week for 10 weeks. Im guessing the lack of vit d was causing my hair loss!?)

Is this another symptom of Fibromyalgia? Does anybody else experience twitching?

I googled it and ALS came up and totally freaked me out.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Twitching muscles is not uncommon at all with fibro. I get ridiculously twitchy legs sometimes when I got to bed and occasionally in the daytime. It can keep me awake, so I use a muscle relaxer if it is really bad and doesn't respond to other non-medicine things like a heating pad or a TENS machine. I actually find the heating pad works best at night and the TENS I use in the daytime.

There's no reason to suspect you have ALS unless you have a lot of the other symptoms.

Thank you so much for responding Sunkacola, I really appreciate the advice. It kept me awake all night until 6am!! I will look into heat pads and TENS and speak to my doctor.

Thankfully I do not have any other symptoms that suggest ALS- i need to stop googling!!!

I get that on and off since I started experiencing fibro symptoms. I thought the same as you, and started freaking out as well lol. Neuro ordered an EMG/ncv test done and it was all clean minus a pinched nerve in my thigh and a loss of sensation in a finger I shattered years ago . She said she does not suspect ALS but more so fibro. It does still sometimes freak me out because after being in a car wreck with a neck sprain from a few months back it's hard to move around as much but the tests show no signs of that. I wouldn't worry too much!

I feel much better hearing from others with Fibromyalgia, it really puts my mind at rest thats why I'm so happy I found this forum.
Yes I was freaking out all night! Lol! I'm sorry to hear you were in a car accident I hope you are on the road to recovery.

Im doing a little better! I think that what's triggered a lot of my symptoms tbh. But I was also really sick in March and then suffered another concussion in April. Not my year!

But yeah it is nerve wrecking.. no pun intended!

Hi all I've recently been diagnosed with suspected fibromyalgia I've had few symptoms over the last few years pain in my back lower and middle back...lower back feels like I have a slipped disc but xray shows nothing I have pain in my bum and down mainly my left leg ...the middle of my back is when I breath in deep again xray shows nothing on lung and back had that pain for about a year none stop ribs feel tender to touch also but docs dont seem to think it's anything xray looked normal...anyway back pain has been going on for years fast forward november last year burning pain in shoulder and aching pain went for an xray ecg etc said it was frozen shoulder yet it didnt feel like that to me pain seem to go after my stress levels went down....In this time I noticed muscle twitching which mr google seemed to think was Als obviously panic mode lol ...anyway twitching went anyway well for 2 months started back 2 weeks ago randon twitching all over my body only when relaxing...resting watching tv etc along with burning pain in shoulders and upper arm muscles when using them like hoovering etc made my muscles feel like I was at the gym... aching pain all in left leg cold weather seems to make it worse I mean I can go outside and pain doubles straight away... I main worry is weather twitching is a common symptom of fibromyalgia as this is all new to me ...also let's not forget the brain fog that's a big one to get used too especially with 3 kids 11 10 and 1 yrs lol ...dairy is my new best friend lol ...anyway thank you for reading I know it's long just trying to find more out about fibro really ...appreciate any advice xxx

Hi Saz, you double-posted this and I replied in the post you made under a new title. It is best to only post things once, so that all your responses are in the same place. I think it's good that you started your own thread on this, and hope that others have suggestions for you as well.
Hi all I've recently been diagnosed with suspected fibromyalgia I've had few symptoms over the last few years pain in my back lower and middle back...lower back feels like I have a slipped disc but xray shows nothing I have pain in my bum and down mainly my left leg ...the middle of my back is when I breath in deep again xray shows nothing on lung and back had that pain for about a year none stop ribs feel tender to touch also but docs dont seem to think it's anything xray looked normal...anyway back pain has been going on for years fast forward november last year burning pain in shoulder and aching pain went for an xray ecg etc said it was frozen shoulder yet it didnt feel like that to me pain seem to go after my stress levels went down....In this time I noticed muscle twitching which mr google seemed to think was Als obviously panic mode lol ...anyway twitching went anyway well for 2 months started back 2 weeks ago randon twitching all over my body only when relaxing...resting watching tv etc along with burning pain in shoulders and upper arm muscles when using them like hoovering etc made my muscles feel like I was at the gym... aching pain all in left leg cold weather seems to make it worse I mean I can go outside and pain doubles straight away... I main worry is weather twitching is a common symptom of fibromyalgia as this is all new to me ...also let's not forget the brain fog that's a big one to get used too especially with 3 kids 11 10 and 1 yrs lol ...dairy is my new best friend lol ...anyway thank you for reading I know it's long just trying to find more out about fibro really ...appreciate any advice xxx

Thanks hun I posted this before I knew how to make a feed myself lol I'll delete my comment now xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back