Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2019
Country
AN
State
BU
Hi, I am new here. I have been suffering from Fibromyalgia for over 2 years. I have lot of pain (fee like nerve pain), numbness, tingling, itchy, head pressure, headache. All these make me to No-sleep every night. Even with powerful sleeping pill, I can't sleep. I wan't to know are all these Fibromyalgia symptoms? If they are, how can I get rid of them? For nerve pain I take medicine, for sleep I take sleeping pill, for better mood from anxiety and depression I take pills, but all the problems I mentioned are not going away for last 2 years. I can't watch tv due to head pressure. I can't wear cloth cause to much sensory itchy I fee. My doctor and Neurologist conducted MRI test and nothing wrong found in the brain. Psychiatrist said to make good mood, watch TV and have fun, but with all these I feel fatigue all the time. I try to do a little bit exercise everyday but my heart pulpits to much. I need your advice if you went thru these.

Please kindly advise.

Hi JDJ.

I, as well as many others, have gone through many of these things.
My best advice for managing fibromyalgia is in a post that is at the very top of the General forum. Any of those things that you can implement into your lift are positive things you can do for yourself that may result in decreased level of pain and frequency of pain. Try everything and ask questions if you have any.

Exercise is very important. If you are getting palpitations when you exercise you are possibly doing too much. Start with just a walk around the block, very slowly. Or even, start with a walk around your living room. I found that if I tried to do the kind of exercise I used to do it was a failure. I had to find other things that would work for me.

I would also suggest that if those powerful medications are not helping you, you try going off them with your doctor's supervision. Why take drugs that could affect you in negative ways in the long run, if they are actually not even helping you now? Try other things to help you sleep.
There are a lot of things you can do. I can tell you a bunch of things, or you can Google it and find hundreds of things to try. And try other ways of managing the pain.

Trying all of the things I suggest in my post of advice will cause you to take a good look at your lifestyle and to make adjustments toward a more healthy way of living overall. This will improve your overall health and may lift your mood as well.

Take heart. You can learn to manage this and not allow it to wreck your life. I and everyone on this forum is here to support and encourage you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back