Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
State
West Yorkshire
Please can you help me? I am confused as to whether I might have FM or not. These are my symptoms
Extreme tiredness, falling asleep whenever sat down
Aching lower back and heavy legs after excertion
Painful hands
Burning hands, particularly left and forearm
Stiff muscles after being in one position
Losing balance, bumping into things
Very bad short term memory
Confusion sometimes
Stiff back in morning
Feel the cold very much, especially my legs
Acid reflux, digestive problems
Urinary problems
Ringing in ears
Hot sweats
Recently, restless legs occasionally
HELP TIA

There are things that have many the same symptoms as FM. Have you seen a DR.? Have you been tested? Usually an MRI and/or CAT scan help rule out things like MS. But there is also Lupus, ALS, etc. I'm not a Dr. but it could be FM. Read the helps here and some other posts to maybe see a pattern and get more info. But go to a Dr. It is usually a long process of tests to rule things out. Be patient, get educated. and come back, we'd love to hear from you to vent, complain, ask more questions or just drop by. It's a safe place here and are willing to help!

Thank you Ruralchick
I have been visiting the doctors over many years and had many tests in relation to the urinary and gastro problems and for the tinnitus. I've had blood tests for the hot sweats and been back to the doctors many times because I thought it was the menopause carrying on for ever. I have asked them if all these things were connected in some way but was told not. I have only just begun to connect the painful hands and lower back and sometimes feet with all the other problems and so began looking into it myself.
I have been to the doctors again recently and she initially said she would refer me to a rheumatologist but then changed her mind when I said I didn't suffer with chronic pain, (except pain and stiffness in my hands and back but that comes and goes). She then decided I needed to be seen by a sleep clinic so was going to refer me only for the sleepiness problem until I insisted I wanted to have the whole lot investigated properly this time so I'll be contacted soon about the appointments.
I am concerned that it will again lead nowhere because I haven't experienced the chronic pain and wondered if it is possible to suffer from MF with only many of the other signs and symptoms? I do have a high pain threshold, is it possible that would mask the pain? Thank you for your help

hello and welcome to the site. you said:

i do have a high pain threshold, is it possible that would mask the pain? i to thought i had this as well. and no the pain will still come through.

hello and welcome to the site. you said:

i do have a high pain threshold, is it possible that would mask the pain? i to thought i had this as well. and no the pain will still come through.

Thank you for the welcome and the reply.
I was hoping to find an explanation to mainly my hot sweats. I have suffered with them for twenty years and they seem to be connected to my bladder problems.
But because I don't have chronic pain, that means all the other signs/symptoms are definitely not related to FM? :?:

Before fibro was diagnosed I had intense hot flashes , (menopause). I even cooled off in the snow at night they were so bad. Now I am on compounded female hormones and I no longer have the issue. Then I was diagnosed with fibro and put on Cymbalta and later Gabapentin , both gave me the sweats. I'm now on Savella--no sweats!

Before all this I had the same problem with Graves disease, there are just too many things that cause this!

Soon you will have some answers. There are many things that can exhibit many of the same symptoms, frustrating, I know.

the sweats im not sure about. my legs sweat and i lose control of them some times for weeks or even minutes. the signs/symptoms sound like fibro but can be many other things too. you dont have to have chronic pain to have fibro. mostly they go together. get the meds you need for what you think it is. talk to your doctor. you decide what you have and let the doctor treat you for it. if it dont help then try something else. sometimes your guess is better than the doctors guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back