Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CO
I have had shaking in my big toe and my hands. My doctor originally diagnosed it as Benign Essential Tremor, but then I started having a restlessness in my hands at night, kind of like my skin is crawling and I have to keep moving my hands to make it stop or subside. I originally attributed it to a medication reaction, but I had it happen recently with no medication taken that day. A friend said she experienced something similar with her Fibro, so I was wondering if anyone else had similar symptoms that were diagnosed as Fibro. I have not noticed any unusual pain, but I do not sleep well, waking up multiple times a night (I noticed some people mentioning sleeplessness).

Thanks!

Your crawling skin description sounds just like restless leg syndrome, except it's in your hands. There is actually another condition - much rarer - called restless arms syndrome, and feels like restless leg syndrome except in the upper body. I wonder if that's what's going on. Restless leg syndrome is very common with fibromyalgia, but isn't likely to be the only symptoms of fibromyalgia that you experience. Sleeping issues is another common symptom of FM, but even with both the restless hands and the sleep issues, it doesn't necessarily indicate FM. I'd really encourage you to get a diagnosis from a doctor - maybe start with a neurologist or rheumatologist. Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back