Status
Not open for further replies.
I just thought I'd mention another possibility for the chest pain. It is possible you may have costochondritis along with the thyroid and pleurisy issues. Costochondritis is the inflammation of all the muscles that run along all your ribs.

I too am hypothyroid, I have Hashimoto's, I am borderline anemic, I have FM, and I am waiting for a diagnosis of either lupus or rheumatoid arthritis. The FM causes hypersensitivity in my muscles, nerves, and skin. The stress sometimes from seeing doctors and trying to ensure they understand actually affects my breathing as does pain. The shallow breathing wreaks havoc with my rib muscles. It has gotten quite severe at times-I have had to have ECGs and worn heart halters even-Drs have been that concerned. I am not saying this is the answer, I am not a Dr, but try to take easy yet deep full stomach breaths on a regular basis just to see if it helps. Even if it does help still get help finding answers for your body and its needs.

When it comes to autoimmune we really need to stay educated as our western medical system is far behind the times. Also remember a "normal" thyroid range varies greatly but we all have our own target numbers that work best for our body. I can tell by the amount of hair falling out in the shower if it's time to get my TSH tested again. My best range is between 1 and 2. It makes a big difference.

I also have to check in on my breathing any time I can remember, it's amazing how often I catch myself shallow breathing. I hope you find the help you need. Please let us know when you do.

The nodule is pretty large, you have a lot of nerves in your neck and throat area. I wonder if the growth is pressing on a nerve causing the pleurisy pain? I've had it more than once, but it has never been discovered why. Trying to get in that one big breath when you feel air hunger is awful, like being stabbed with a knife in the chest. So sharp and painful. It would be interesting to see if a nerve is irritated somewhere causing a referred type pain.

My son has JA and he has a lot of problems with costrochondritis, an inflammation of the cartilage between the ribs, which causes sharp severe pain also. It' also hard for him to breathe at times. Usually a dose pak of prednisone or a shot of it in the rear will help.

Don't know if this will help, but sometimes we can be surprised by the actual causes of this stuff....Good luck, I hope they figure it out soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back