Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2022
Country
US
State
VA
First, let me say thank you to whoever suggested the Gaba supplement. I started it early last week at bedtime and I swear 45 mins later I thought I had taken Xanax. It made sleep so nice. So in the last 6 months, I have stopped most meds. I'm only still on the Cymbalta more for the fear of coming off it. I just know how my body felt before which makes me scared to stop. But right now I'm taking D3, B12, magnesium, folic acid, and GABA along with Cymbalta and I feel pretty good. Im still extremely tired. I got b12 patches to try but once again I have this fear of it overworking and insomnia coming back. But I have figured out that if I walk every day and lightly stretch I feel I can better cope with aches and pains. I took this weekend and just laid around and it was wonderful cuss I just took the pressure off. Got things done in my time. I don't do this much as I work full time and I'm a single mom of 4 so my life is constantly a go-go thing. So I have a question does anyone else suffer from having a sensitivity to heat and ac? I get really hot really easily and I get cold really easily. As the season's change, I'm finding it hard to find my comfort level. I'm also experiencing night sweats really really bad. Please don't tell me to talk to a doctor no one around here even knows enough about fibro to really help.v
thanks

So I have a question does anyone else suffer from having a sensitivity to heat and ac? I get really hot really easily and I get cold really easily. As the season's change, I'm finding it hard to find my comfort level. I'm also experiencing night sweats really really bad.
yes, i do... especially at night.
Keeping in mind that I have also gone thru menopause, which is when the night sweats started for me...
but yeah, i go from one extreme to the other and it can happen in seconds..
I can be sitting wrapped up in a heavy blanket, shivering one minute, and sweating to death the next.

At night, i sleep in a lightweight night shirt (basically a long t-shirt).. and generally only use sheet and blanket - no comforter for me, even now when it is below freezing at night.. and I may toss even those off during the night, depending on how bad the sweats get.. my feet are almost always uncovered.

I also have issues with the cold temps outside.. my hands, especially fingers, get to be quite painful from the cold.. I dont get the odd color changes associated with Raynaud's, but they do hurt quite a bit.

First, let me say thank you to whoever suggested the Gaba supplement.
I started it early last week at bedtime and I swear 45 mins later I thought I had taken Xanax. It made sleep so nice. So in the last 6 months, I have stopped most meds.
Me I guess... 👐 - you're very welcome! Wish it'd work that strongly on my sleep, but it does, and also helps me with 10 symptom areas overall... Great to hear!
I got b12 patches to try but once again I have this fear of it overworking and insomnia coming back.
The GABA overworking? A few people claim that it might. From my experience I doubt it, but you may have to dose up or down occasionally if you have or take something that influences your serotonin. Huberman recommends taking GABA every 2nd day.
So I have a question does anyone else suffer from having a sensitivity to heat and ac? I get really hot really easily and I get cold really easily. As the season's change, I'm finding it hard to find my comfort level. I'm also experiencing night sweats really really bad.
Yep, many of us....
I get nauseous ache from heat/sun and deep yucky "bone" (= muscle) ache from wind (even warm, incl. ac, incl. in cars and trains) and if I let the cold ever get to me which takes 5-10 hours to recover from.
So I always have emergency warming clothes and disposable iron heat pads with me and continually take off or put on layers, hoodies with zippers for quick changes, mittens with the possibility of taking the finger bit off, now 5 pairs of socks 24/7 most of the year.
I use showers, either alternate or simply cold (if necessary after heating myself up before) to cope with internal and external changes like hot & cold flashes and when the temperature plunges, as well as training my circulation (incl. Raynaud's).
Please don't tell me to talk to a doctor no one around here even knows enough about fibro to really help.
😂 Hehe, wouldn't dream of doing so. Well, OK, come to think of it - getting thyroid checked would be good....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back