Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2020
Country
US
State
SC
Does anyone else have constant pain in the upper muddle back area? It’s the one pain along with my arms that seem to never go away. (Everything serious has been world out just in case)

It is not clear what you mean by " (Everything serious has been world out just in case) "

Sorry, ruled out. Issues with the Heart/lung etc

Have you had an MRI on your back? Or seen a rheumatologist? It's best to rule out absolutely everything else that it could be before deciding it is FM, because some other things are degenerative, or have good treatment options.

You might see a good chiropractor, also.
A TENS machine sometimes helps with back pain, as does heat/cold.
My favorite thing for back pain is actually 2 Advil and a muscle relaxant.

Hclon0027
I have a lot of back pain also. I have had a MRI done not long ago. I have some problems with
my spine. I'm on a controlled substance at 300 mg.. I have a wonderful nurse that i keep in touch.
with. I started to fall a sleep like 2 times a day. One in the morning and late afternoon. I had stopped
taking the medication to see if this was to much or not. I will see in a few days. I think the medication has
a sleeping ad in with the medication. It is better to start with a lowest dosage. Thank you.

I have both upper and back pain, as well as spasms. I do have disc issues (had several MRIs), but some of it is also muscle. All of my muscles and fascia are very, very tight. I didn't realize that until I saw a massage therapist. When I was going, she was doing myofascial release and it helped a lot.

I too have pain in the upper back. It's located in my shoulder blades and will extend to my arms. Some days are worse than others... I will try soaking in the tub or use a CBD salve on that area.

Hi curious what is your go to muscle relaxant?

Hi - Mine doesn't come from the FMS directly, cos I've had it for ages, it's from the muscles/discs, let's say a slight kyphosis/hunchback.
I need to do exercises for the upper back daily, shoes without heels and a hard mattress (e.g. straw).
Since I can't tolerate the straw mattress anymore since my FMS I put a thin cotton topping over it, which helped my pain at night, but made the upper back ache again. Now I have a small hard cushion under my upper back (with spelt in it), which I've put in with my small pillow. Whenever necessary I place it under the pain area(s) there, which relieves it/them after about 5-10 mins.
Myofascial osteopathy helps me too, heat or cold doesn't help me there much, but a little bit.

Yes, I have upper back, shoulder and arm pain on both sides too. It is not a fun combo of pains but the upper back between the shoulder blades is the worst! Sometimes it feels like the muscles are so tight they are going to rip right off the bones from the spasms! Then the neck muscles decide to join in and add their pain to the pain merry go round and off we go!
My Dr. cut my muscle relaxer dosage in half and took my pm muscle relaxer away and then she cut my pain pills in half thanks to all the pain med abusers! Because of them the rest of us with real honest to God pain are suffering and I realize that the doctors are afraid now to prescribe to us, but what a mess this is now.
ok enough ranting! So, I take tramadol 3x per day for pain, gabapentin 3x per day for pain and tizanidine 3x per day to relax muscles. I have a wand that vibrates that I use to break up the knots in the middle of my back, my neck and shoulders. then I also have a vibrating matt I can lay back on while I watch TV, then I use either a heating pad or ice packs and last but not least if I'm lucky my husband will apply pain patches to my mid back, shoulders and neck. My medical issues are rotator cuff syndrome on both sides, carpal tunnel syndrome both sides, cervical disc disorder at c-6 c-7 level with radiculopathy, DeQuervains tenosynovitis, myofascial pain syndrome, cervical spondylosis, fibromyalgia, restless legs syndrome, back pain and seizures with some brain damage.
Welcome to my world people! I hope we all get the pain relief and sleep we need to heal and a big thank you for this website and all my fellow pain warriors!

I get this and mine is mostly caused by trigger points and muscles knots and fascial issues. Sometimes it is referred pain and sometimes direct. Today the PT worked on releasing trigger points around my hips and it actually helps relieve a lot of the upper back and neck pain I was experiencing, even though she did not work in that area. I also go to a chiropractor who does adjustments and muscle work on me. For me it's lore my muscles causing the pain and then I often get tingles and numbness in my hands and arms as a result or additional symptom of the upper back and neck pain as well.

honey62
Hi. I'm some what new. I'm happy that the doctor had cut some of muscle relaxer dosage in half. What i had found is the medication
only to help to ease the pain but not to cure the pain. The muscle relaxer was cut in half. This part is good. Starting at a low dosage is better
then starting out in a high dosage. My body can not take muscle pills. There is a sleep aid in withe medication. Keep going on getting help.
I also have upper back pain. Please keep in touch. Thank you.
Gary S.

So, I take tramadol 3x per day for pain, gabapentin 3x per day for pain

Hi Honey62, I am not here to tell you what to do. But if you take that much tramadol you will become physically addicted to it, if you are not already. Tramadol addiction is as bad for your health and mind as heroin addiction is, it's just not as obvious. There are many ways that you can deal with and manage fibromyalgia that do not involve using opiate drugs. Trust me on this - I have some of the other things you mention besides fibro - and I was taking tramadol 3X a day for a while as well, and became dependent on them. Please read my post "My Advice for managing fibromyalgia (especially for newcomers) and consider starting to implement some of my suggestions. I didn't think I could do those things, especially the exercise, but I found that when I really tried hard and started very small, it got easier and eventually made a huge difference. Now, I still have pain of course, but I do not take tramadol more than perhaps once a month when it is so bad I cannot sleep and nothing else is working. It is so much better, and feels so much freer not to be taking opiate drugs all the time!

I was on tramadol also. I do not know what the mg. was. Everyone is different. I'm not to start any problems at all.
I never got into any addiction. Trust me. What Tramadol did to me was made me very sleepy. After this then i had stopped
taking this medication. I'm on a different one of medication for pain. This is at only 1 times per day at 300 mg. I had to talk to
the resident to get the new refile. This is every 30 days. I have taking medication and to long of last to tell one. I never became
an addiction freak at all. You can talk to your doctor to help you. Please let us know any updates. Thank you. Gary S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back