Using a Rise Recliner chair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juneb

Hello All
I am new to this forum business, so apologies if I don't do it right! My husband is posting this for me as I am useless on computers being 82! All I can do is to use it for ordering my groceries on line as I am housebound. I suffer from fibromyalgia which has developed in the last 2-3 years which flares ups approx every 3 months. It does knock me, but the last time was really very painful. It usually only lasts for about 3 days. I also have type2 diabetes, severe osteo-arthritis and IBS. I also have OCD and largely because of that and my mobility problem, I never go out. For various reasons I sleep in a Rise Recliner. I needed to replace my old one but I am really struggling to find a soft padded one. They all are so very firm and my poor old bottom can't cope! Because of painful pressure points in my back and bottom, I really suffer with trying to sleep at night and if I sit a long time. I can't get to the shops to try them out, and those companies that come to you are way way beyond my means.
Does anyone know of a soft rise recliner. I am in the process of returning my 2nd one that I tried. I would welcome any ideas or pointers

I am not knowledgeable on these, but when I am looking for something in particular, I go to Amazon and type in a description, such as "Soft rise recliner". Then read reviews on what comes up and the one with the best reviews that comment on how soft it is, is the one to look for. Doesn't mean you will buy that one or that you will order it from Amazon, but it does give you a starting place. For instance, you could then call stores in your area to ask if they have that chair and go try it out if they do. On the other hand, if you cannot go out to try it out, then ordering it from a place that has free shipping and free returns would be a good idea because you have nothing to lose if it comes and is not soft enough for you.

Or, you could try putting something like memory foam or other soft padding on the chair.

Hi, I would recommend reaching out to health services such as a district nurse or occupational therapist as they may be able to help with costs in some cases. Whichever chair you go for a dual motor will be kinder on the body in reclining as you can adjust the back rest and leg rest independantly. Ideally you would have a home visit to custom build, especially in your condition and as you sleep in it. As mentioned above putting something soft on the chair may help. Their are sites that sell things for recliners such as covers and pillows. Atb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back