Reason
Relative
Diagnosis
06/2016
Country
CA
State
ON
Hello all! I hope everyone is keeping well and getting better each day. My experience of being a caregiver for a fibro patient has taken me to various levels of the journey. I came across a few people who were the victims of the consumption of Valsartan drugs. They once had fibromyalgia who consumed these drugs. Unfortunately, these drugs contained some cancer generating chemicals, which I had to say, or I wish this doesn't happen to anyone. But there is this special lawsuit to claim compensation for the monetary expenses you had to go through because of these drugs. That was unknown, and my brother, the patient, almost had cancer. But fortunately, we came to know about this, and he was out of danger in no time Just a piece of information I wanted to share. I realized many fibro patients were advised to consume these drugs, but it's not good, people. You don't have any idea what you are getting into. I hope people here find this useful. Keep fighting. Keep breathing. Stay safe and Take care.

Hello Phil,
Thanks for your information. If you read the rules for posting you will see that, due to the danger of clicking on unknown links, we don't want links to outside websites to be posted here unless they are known sites. Please read the posting rules to understand more about this. The direct link has been removed from your post. If you want to tell people about this you can write in full the search words that a person could use to find information about this lawsuit online. Thanks.

Valsartan is a medication for high blood pressure, not fibromyalgia. When the elevated levels of NDMA were discovered in valsartan, it was only some lots (batches) that were affected. It is estimated, however, that the contamination had been happening for several years. It's believed that the NDMA was naturally occurring in the medication due to the drug ingredients themselves, rather than as the result of an outside contaminant.

Although NDMA has been identified as carcinogenic, it occurs naturally in some foods and water, and is harmless in the amounts present therein. The NDMA present in valsartan was also found to be at less than dangerous levels, although naturally 0% is preferable! Researchers determined that if an individual had consumed only NDMA-containing lots of valsartan (highly unlikely) every day for several years, at the highest daily dose, the chances of developing cancer from the exposure were very low. Specifically, the estimates conclude that if 8000 people took the highest dose (320 mg) of valsartan from batches that were subsequently recalled, every day for four years, there may be ONE additional case of cancer over the lifetimes of those 8000 people.

I hope your brother is doing well, but I'm not sure how you can conclude that he "almost had cancer" simply because he took valsartan (again, it's for hypertension, not fibromyalgia).

There are any number of law firms specializing in pursuing class action suits against pharmaceutical companies any time there is a problem with a prescription medication. Patients are not compensated simply for having taken valsartan. You should also understand that valsartan was never taken off the market, is STILL on the market, and remains one of the most popular and effective hypertension medications available. Again, the odds of any one person having developed cancer as a result of taking valsartan are extremely small.

Thank you for that information, Mirador.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back