VENT - nothing is helping me??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with sunkacola and could not use the crying baby as it seems so annoying and I am already pretty annoyed. I also prefer more of a mindfulness approach or acceptance approach of - yep, this is happening and it's ok.

Rather than a crying baby I would prefer to think of my body as communicating to me in an effective manner but that I am the one who maybe can't understand, instead of there being something wrong or terrible about my body. And maybe learning to listen and understand will lead to more acceptance, who knows? Because I have spent more than enough time thinking that my body is an enemy I just can't do that any more.

Not sure why you feel the need to objectify into an image of something other than yourself at all.

I simply have learned to be more sensitive to what my physical body is saying. In other words, I now notice and respond to, for example, a little twinge in my back, and let up on what I am doing, do it differently, or not at all as a response, rather than ignoring the twinge and pushing on until I am in so much pain I can hardly move. I don't need to think of it as something other than myself to do this, in fact for me it is very important to remember that the pain is me. Not something to fight or dislike, something to accept and deal with appropriately. For me, it's not "little me", or anything else. It's just ME. Me today, right now. And "me" these days means I have fibro, and that means I have pain and limitations. So, I do my best to take care of Me.
That is what works for me and seems to me the most sensible approach, but I don't presume to know what is best for another person.

Yeah, I think I'm getting there :rolleyes: - thank you! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back