Vent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joloveme

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
6/2008
I got a new doctor and when I rang up for pills old doctor wants to take away pain pills so got to sort that out and they tell me I have fibromyalgia when I phoned up and other doctor says no I am very mind blower I do not know where I am and I get no help hope new doctor will be better not a job to get one to take me thank you to head site j god bless

Many of us have gone from one doctor to another to get help, and it can be very discouraging. You get to vent about that any time you want to, and I am sorry it's going that way for you. Many of us can relate and sympathize!

The best thing to do is find yourself a doctor who knows that fibromyalgia is a real thing and who actually treats fibromyalgia patients. There's no point in going to someone who doesn't even believe what you are saying. To do this, call the doctor's office and ask the person who answers the phone if that doctor has fibro patients. If the answer is no, move on to the next one.

As for the pain medication, it is preferable to do your very best to avoid taking meds unless you absolutely have to. there are many things you can do that will help your pain be less serious and less frequent -- I know, because I have done that myself and so have many others. See if you can put that frustrated energy to work for you by trying some of the things that might help you to feel better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back