Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Thank you, so much for starting this thread. Not only does it help us vent about our fears, but it gets others to think and offer plans, advise and support. Nspoc has some great ideas and is truly a wonderful person. I can't see anybody I know doing this for me. They all seem to have lives that require a lot of work for themselves.

So far I have really been trying to change my kids. I think I have done a little too much for them throughout their lives! I am working very hard to teach them that they have to take care of things every minute of the day, they have to do laundry every day, help cook, take care of the lawn.....and especially help with their brother. I am trying to make them realize how important it is to be a family and to realize what could possibly happen to me.

If the day ever comes where I won't be able to independently use the bathroom, well that will be the day I will have to leave home. If I am wrong, I beg any of you to tell me. What will happen? Visiting nursing won't be enough if things get that bad. I hardly make enough to keep us above the bills now, so paying someone won't work. Maybe diapers after the nurse leaves?! I want to keep our family together.

I think about you often VMD and how you must feel. Is there any support group that you can become part of? I did meet a woman who came to my rummage sale and she is part of a fibromyalgia group. She said anyone is welcome....patient's with MS attend, lupus, fibro, chronic fatigue. These kind of groups may be the people who will help each other. I plan on finding out and becoming a member of as many things as I can. I am not doing this to be selfish, because I will help anyone I can also. I don't want anyone to suffer, especially alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back