Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
01/2015
Country
US
State
IN
Hello Everyone,
I am new here and I'm hoping to get some feedback. I have recently been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Osteoarthritis. I know for sure the Osteoarthritis was a accurate diagnose, but still in denial about the fibromyalgia. For starters I have joint pain and muscle aches, fatigue, depression, headaches, edema, weight GAIN, brain fog, stiffness, but NO TENDER POINTS. I don't have chronic pain. Yes it's true that I can't stand or walk for more than 10 minutes without feeling pain in my joints, but it's not constant pain in my neck, shoulders, and back. It's more like lower extremities. I know that in order to have Fibromyalgia I have to have tender points, which I don't. I don't have nerve pain that is crimpling me from then neck down. However I've been tested for everything else and everything has been ruled out. Can I still have fibromyalgia? Anyone else experiencing the same? Please help! Thanks!

I don't have tender points , but I do have fibro.sure tender points are a biggie for Dr but I've never had them .i have had this years. I feel stiff in the elbows some days. Hand pain. Back pain leg pain brain fog. Deep depression and more .so yes u can have fibro with out the tender points xx

I'm no doctor. Sounds like fibro to me. How did the doctor diagnose you with fibro?
Some doctors from my experience will diagnose fibro when they just don't know.
If you think the doctor is just guessing then see another doctor with experience with
Fibro. My lupus will also make me have to use a walker now n again too.
I'm not sure, do you believe in fibro?
Either way you have pain and need to learn and make
Informed decisions from here on out.

Re: Very confused about my diagnosed.

Thanks for your feedback. The rheumatologist I saw told me that she wasn't going to diagnose me until she ruled everything else out. She did several
X-rays, labs, labs, and more labs. She had a kit for Lupus that only her practice had. She sent it to California from Indiana and I took 4 weeks. When I went back for the 4 week follow up she had receive that kit (labs) back from California and it showed no Lupus. She said, "you don't have Lupus, at least not yet." She said, we ruled out everything else (reactive arthritis, thyroid, lupus, and lymes disease, among several others. Then she told me I have fibromyalgia because we don't know where the pain is coming from. I also had a elevated ANA, ESR, CRP. Yes I very much believe in Fibro. I see my God sister who suffers a lot from it. This is why I'm confused because my symptoms are manageable. She had to quit working, I still work. She's in bed a lot I am not. I have read about Candida overgrowth and I think I have that which does cause fibromyalgia among several other illnesses and diseases. Have you heard of the huge correlation between Candida and Fibro?

Forgetmenot thanks for clarifying that I can still have fibro without the tender points. I have all of that too. I just don't have the nerve pain people or articles describe as chronic pain coming from the neck down to the shoulders and back. What do you think about candida overgrowth and the correlation it has with fibromyalgia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back