DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2020
Country
US
State
NH
Hi everyone,

I was diagnosed with fibro back in March. It has helped make sense of so many things I've experienced for so long. However, I'm experiencing something new and am not sure if this is fibro related.

A few months ago I realized I was starting to experience numbness and tingling on occasion in my legs and feet. However, today it felt like my right foot was vibrating. In fact I thought it was my phone ringing on top of me on vibrate for a second. It would happen in bursts like a phone ringing too. I'd this something that commonly goes with the tingling and numbness? Or is this likely an additional issue?

Yep, this is something many of us including myself experience with FM. It is not uncommon. I get it in my legs.
Sometimes a TENS unit helps me with this.

What is a TENS unit? Sorry this is all still quote new to me

I have one of these. It is electromagnetic pulse therapy. It can work for some if used properly. The brand I have is from Healthmate Forever. It has a lifetime warranty. I have gotten some relief. I don't regret the purchase. I hope it helps some.

Ugh yeah add me to the shaky list and I usually soak in epsom salt for relief

Huh. I never attributed those vibrations to fibromyalgia. Good to know.

I've had this in the past and was quite alarmed by it. I called them "internal tremors". Funny, I used to describe them to the doctor and they would give me a sympathetic look but no answers. Now I know better! 😊

TENS units can be ordered online, but you will need some medical professional to sign paperwork saying you need it. Doesn't have to be a doctor, I got my referral from a physical therapist. If you look it up you will get a full description of what it is and how it works. It sounds counter-intuitive to use something that sends a mild electric current into legs that are vibrating already but it actually does work, and it helps with other kinds of pain as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back