DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/2016
Country
US
State
VA
Hi everyone!
my name is Darcy, i am attending Radford University in southwest Virginia. I'm fairly newly diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, and have been diagnosed with Ehlers Danlos Syndrome for almost two years. i'm definitely struggling a lot more lately trying to find help. Not really sure what to do next, and have been feeling very very alone in it. so here i am.
a little about me: I'm double majoring right now in nutrition and psychology. my plan was always to work with people who suffer from eating disorders, a challenge i began tackling when i was about 10. happy to say that, for the most part, i've recovered from anorexia. and my life is much, much easier in that sense. but it's definitely a struggle to be angry with my body for all new reasons, which i didn't expect.
i grew up as a pony club kid, which was kind of my identity for a really long time. being at the barn, working with horses all the time, was all i did through most of high school. i actually had never had a job that wasn't around horses until this semester when i moved away from the barn i taught at.
how are you guys?
and by the way, happy thanksgiving :grin:

Hi Darcy, welcome
Fibromyalgia is a lot of take in, especially right at first. I read a lot and also came to forums like this to hear how other patients felt. I'm and engineer, so I tend to look at this problem as chemistry and physics, nothing personal. Kind of like the weather.

You have great majors to help you understand this condition. It took me a bit to come up to speed on how the our bodies sense pain. It is much more complicated than I used to imagine.

Anyway, ask questions, share information you find, or just vent - this is a good community :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back