Not open for further replies.

Dolinda

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2011
Country
UK
I wondered how ma ny of us are stated vulnerable by .gov and the nhs due to fibromyalgia and have had the letters advising us this. This is for us in the uk.

Hi I'm from the u.k and have other illnesses one an auto immune one but never been told to Sheild i am 34 and there's people fit and healthy been offered the jab before me not that I'm complaining

I'm in the UK, have Fibro & asked the doctor when he rang me for a 'health check' why people such as me are not included in the priority vulnerable list & he said it was a points system, with people having Cancer/treatment etc scoring the maximum 4 points which gave them top priority & rightly so but people such as me scored much lower.
It's approaching 12 weeks since I had my first shot & am still waiting for my second, all the while wondering if it's worth risking going through the 5 week long bad reaction I had with the first one.

Rainbow, you may not have the same effect from the second shot, and there's no way to predict it. I will also say, and I am not saying that I know better than you know when it's your body and not mine, that what you felt after the first shot may or may not have been a direct result of it, considering that you have fibro. Just mentioning that possibility, while acknowledging that you know best on that.
Worth it in any case, in my opinion, because if enough of us get the vaccine world-wide, we can turn this pandemic into something that is under control and our lives can become much easier as a result. I really hope you can get the second one soon AND that it doesn't give you any grief!

Thank you for your wise words Sunkacola & yes, I guess I'll just have to wait & see what happens with the second shot.

However, bearing in mind the myriad horrendous mutations & variants that are emerging all around the globe, I think it more than probable that the presently available vaccines will become of little or no use fairly quickly & my scientists friends are of the same opinion.
The present thinking is it will be impossible, certainly in the near future, to develop a vaccine that will be universally effective against them all.

In short, this virus seems to be intent on culling the human population & either this is Nature's normal reaction when faced with ever expanding numbers, or we've brought it on ourselves in our food chain, or it's been deliberately designed to do so but either which way, vaccine or no vaccine, it's here to stay in whatever form it adapts into but take no notice, I'm that way out today!

Reactions: May
Thank you for your wise words Sunkacola & yes, I guess I'll just have to wait & see what happens with the second shot.

However, bearing in mind the myriad horrendous mutations & variants that are emerging all around the globe, I think it more than probable that the presently available vaccines will become of little or no use fairly quickly & my scientists friends are of the same opinion.
The present thinking is it will be impossible, certainly in the near future, to develop a vaccine that will be universally effective against them all.

In short, this virus seems to be intent on culling the human population & either this is Nature's normal reaction when faced with ever expanding numbers, or we've brought it on ourselves in our food chain, or it's been deliberately designed to do so but either which way, vaccine or no vaccine, it's here to stay in whatever form it adapts into but take no notice, I'm that way out today!
I get where you are coming from, here. But so far the experts are saying that the current vaccines are working against the variations we know about so far, and of course they are working like crazy to keep developing it to be more effective, so I personally doubt they will become of no use. My thought is that in the not too distant future covid will become nothing worse than the common flu. That's if enough people get vaccinated, of course. People who don't get vaccinated, unless they have a medical reason for not doing so, are contributing to the possibility that it will never get under control.
But, who's to say what the future will bring, right? Anything can happen, and anyone who needed to learn that certainly had a lesson a year ago!

If this or something else decimates or even wipes out the human population, that will be good for the planet and all the other species who live here. It will happen eventually, in any case, and very likely we won't last more than another few hundred years, if that, due to irreversible climate changes. Human beings will not be a long-lasting species like the dinosaurs. We will end up being a blip in the history of this planet, and more wonderful species will evolve after we are gone. I wish I could see what they are going to be like. :)

I just wondered as I am on the extremely vulnerable list due to mild copd, and I also have fibro. In America I understand that they treat it as an auto immune condition. If you hadn't heard 're your second vaccine I would ring your gp

Love your positivity Sunkola & you are absolutely right that if humans are going to be included in the well-prophesied & predicted major extinction even that experts tell us has already started, it would be great news for this planet we seem intent on destroying.

Love your positivity Sunkola & you are absolutely right that if humans are going to be included in the well-prophesied & predicted major extinction even that experts tell us has already started, it would be great news for this planet we seem intent on destroying.
@Rainbow agrer with you about positivity of @sunkacoala ❤️To both of you

I had the vaccine shot and no pain, no side effects. I am in Canada and received the Pfizer vaccine. Just waiting for second shot.

I took the second shot on last Sunday and also did not see any side effects . Every one is unique

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back