Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2016
Country
US
State
AK
I have been having some scary episodes happening. I roll over in bed about to get up and find that I’m stuck. I can’t open my eyes, mouth, and complete body. My hands go numb. I can hear but can’t call out. It reminds me of the fatigue blanket I get. It lasts until my husband finds me and pulls me up. I told my rheumatologist and she didn’t know what it was. It happened this morning. This is the 6th time. It’s not often. It didn’t happen often at first—months apart—but now more often.
Anyone have this?

There is such a thing as sleep paralysis. I have heard of this before. Research it online and you will find a lot of info on it. It sounds as if that is what you are experiencing. I know it is scary, but it's experienced by a lot of people so don't panic.
Here's a link to get you started:

Thanks. I started doing research when it started last year but doesn’t last just a few minutes. This morning it was over an hour and I can’t get out of it unless someone moves me. I have a bone spur growing in my neck and sometimes wonder if it’s that. Do other people with fibromyalgia have this? Is it common? It’s not mentioned as a symptom.

As you will find if you continue your research into this, some people experience sleep paralysis for much longer than a few minutes. It is not a dangerous condition. that website I gave you had also tips on how to manage it. It doesn't matter whether other people with fibromyalgia have this, because it is not specifically tied to any one syndrome, but is a syndrome in itself. Research the ways to manage it. There is a lot of info out there on this, all just a few clicks away. If you think it is due to the bone spur then go see an orthopedist or a chiropractor and/or research that also to see if there could be any correlation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back