rollinloud

Distinguished member
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NY
Does anyone out there use warm milk when feeling light headed or a little sick to the stomach? Does it really help soothe the entire body? A friend just recommended it to me because my toes are cold and I feel a little dizzy.

MercyL

Distinguished member
Diagnosis
01/1986
Country
USA
State
CO
Does anyone out there use warm milk when feeling light headed or a little sick to the stomach? Does it really help soothe the entire body? A friend just recommended it to me because my toes are cold and I feel a little dizzy.

The only time I would use milk for an upset stomach woe if I wanted to empty its contents!

Otherwise, I avoid drinking cow's milk and never put it in my cereal. I get my calcium from other foods like leafy green vegetables or supplements.

rollinloud

Distinguished member
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NY
I agree with your strategy, MercyL. Warm milk used to soothe me when I was younger and couldn't sleep or was restless with pains and aches so I thought I'd bring it up and see if anyone still used it. I probably won't go back to it. I'm avoiding animal by products at the moment and plan to do so indefinitely

mariposa

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
USA
State
PA
I think it's supposed to help a body relax and fall asleep more quickly... but I haven't heard of it being beneficial for a sick stomach and I'd think not as far as any pain relief, either.

Trellum

Legendary member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2011
Country
NL
State
NL
No, to be honest I never thought drinking milk with an upset stomach would be good for me. I heard it can help you to relax when you can't sleep, specially when the milk it's warm, but it has never worked for me :(

kat744

Diagnosis
04/2009
Country
KEN
State
nairobi
Milk and me meet only in tea or coffee, some how I can not manage to drink fresh milk straight. I know my kids take it when they cant sleep but I don't know if it has the same effect with a grown up.

May be I should try even though I will add some cocoa just to change the taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.