Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2022
Country
US
State
PA
hey, all. just wondering how you feel in relation to water pressure from showers or even whirlpools. i recently had prickly type pain in the shower, and even though heat and water feels great, i’ve always preferred baths for the relaxation benefits; and the need to sit or lay down and not stay standing, from fatigue or dizziness. i love hot tubs, and was in the whirlpool for about 10 minutes the other day, and it felt great like a hot massage at the time; but a few hours later and it started hurting after the temporary relief. next time im taking just the hot tub and not the deep massage whirls wondering if that will help

Well that's another one for @Oberon, isn't it... :). I love 1-2 min. showers with little pressure, not baths (5 min. max.) or too much heat. Everything more is irritating to Aching and exhausting. Similar before fibro tho, but 5 min. showers, pressure & whirlpools etc. were OK.

Hi @Lemon 👋
Yes I experience the burning prickling from a shower, but only really in my feet. It feels like burning cold, like when you get chill blains from being out in the cold.

I love my showers, and when in pain sometimes even use a forceful shower stream on the place that has the pain. My showers are always short, though.
In the winter, very warm or hot water, and in the summer.......lukewarm. I would probably like a quick cold water shower in the summer, because it is hot here, but where I live there is no such thing as cold water from the tap in the summer time!

Well that's another one for @Oberon, isn't it... :). I love 1-2 min. showers with little pressure, not baths (5 min. max.) or too much heat. Everything more is irritating to Aching and exhausting. Similar before fibro tho, but 5 min. showers, pressure & whirlpools etc. were OK.
Thanks for tagging me! (if that's what you would call it here) Really seems like pressure, especially sustained pressure, plays a big part in whether a touch is going to cause pain later on.

pressure, especially sustained pressure
If I compare it to exercise, yes, it's especially when sustained, in my case not the intensity. I just did a 7' workout with 35-40 push-ups (praps not full, but on feet, not knees). But a walk is usually a big problem. So now I'm curious if allodynia happens inside of seconds or minutes for the various people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back