Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
MD
Hi everyone. I have been experiencing neurological symptoms for about 2 years. It started with a huge health anxiety event followed by sudden onset of twitching all over and perceived left hand weakness. I feared horrible illnesses like ALS, MS, brain tumor. I had all tests done including emg in arms in November 2018 and everything was clear except several bulging discs in neck (which he believed to be related to my symptoms.) My twitching and perceived arm weakness nearly disappeared away after this. Two months after this emg I discovered the Chvostek sign in my face (nerve hyperexciteability). A month after that I developed a weird heavy, numb spot close to the front of my right eyebrow. Over the past 15 months it has spread further along my right brow and sometimes down my nose and cheek. My eye drops slightly on that side due to the heaviness and pressure coming from the brow. It feels okay when I wake up but gets worse throughout the day and when I’m stressed or anxious. It feels like the muscle is weaker and it starts to get tired as I use the muscle. I am terrified of neurological disease and feel trapped in this anxious, scared mindset. I had another exam and mri that was fine in December 2019. Any advice would help. I am 22

I occasionally get a slight numbness on the right side of my face from my ear down to my neck. It affects my hearing, fatigues my right vocal cord and usually results in a canker sore at the back of my throat and soreness and/or swelling of my lymph node. My neck and shoulder get really tight and my right hand will also swell up, lose some feeling and will tingle. Crazy, huh? I've had 3 EMGs, CAT scans, MRIs, blood work. Nothing. After years of this, I finally learned it was due to a pressure point on my right shoulder blade. Evidently, this pressure point tricks people into believing they have a pinched nerve or neurological disorder. I have 6 bulging discs in my neck, as well, but the symptoms of that didn't match what I experience. Like you, the sensations seemed to "spread" the more anxious I got. What I don't know is if Fibro is a trigger, makes it worse or even affects it at all. I hope you find the cause of your symptoms and certainly hope it is not serious.

Have you been checked for Myasthenia gravis during investigations?

Hi,
Has your Dr considered Bells Pausey (spelling?)?

First, do y our best to get the anxiety under control because with that you are obviously only making everything worse. Whatever works, do it. Meditation, listening to music, whatever it takes, but get that level down. Work on that.
Second, be sure that your doctor(s) test you thoroughly for everything it could possibly be. In order to do this, do your own research, and make it as extensive as possible, into all of the various things that could be causing this. Remember, knowledge is power, and you need to get informed about what is going on with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back