Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/2013
Country
US
State
AZ
Okay, I've been weaning off Cymbalta without any of the reported nastiness; thank-you Lord; in order to try Sam E or 5 htp instead. Has anyone used either of these to any success? I'm not generally a depressive person, until the pain gets real bad. And I (hope) I'm done grieving for the life I've lost, so doing much better in that way. I'm not sleeping everywhere and at anytime as I was when on the Cymbalta either.
The doc put me on Gabapentin at night for sleep but after 2 weeks it's not working; I can't get to sleep but once there, I do stay sleeping much better. Another question after I thought I had gotten an answer! Abundant blessings!

Happy to hear you're off the Cymbalta. For me, SamE helps, 5 HTP did not but tryptophan does as well as lots of Vit D3. Melatonin is also good for sleep. Hope you find something that works!

I also weaned off cymbalta, it made me suicidal. I can not take supplements as they contain MSG and we do not do well with MSG. You may want to research all ingredients in your meds and supplements and make sure there is not MSG in it. Soy caused me insomnia, you may want to look into that.
I also have chronic fatigue, wheat makes it worse, dairy worse yet. So now I am gluten free and only drink lactose free milk. I do not consume anything processed, it has too many additives that messes us up. Be a label guru, research your ingredients....

Cymbalta is horrible. I took it for 2 days. I broke out in hives and made me get stomach flu like symptoms. I had tried another anti depressant and it made me anxious and suicidal. Never taking anti depressants again. Not worth the trouble. Its not ment for everyone. I try and manage it the best I can. Thats all I can do. I remember some about people not being able to drink milk with fibro. I don't remember where. But when I told my doctor he thought I was nuts... I stopped haveing dairy all together because I seemed to get even more bad spells. That and it bothers my stomach. I cut out all sugar except for natural like in fruts. no acids and no salt. Absolutely no caffeine or processed foods. It has seem to make it a bit easier and my body feels a bit better.

Hi Ruralchick, gabapentin needs to be titrated. That means that the dose needs to be gradually increased for it to work. Eventually you will find a level that maintains.

Does cymbalta truly help.? Because after gaining weight to a tune of 50 lbs, I'm a mess. Thinking of quiting along with lyrica.

I was helped by Cymbalta but went off it because I could not focus on anything I read. That is very important to me. Also I was much more tired on it , and it took quite a bit of willpower to stay awake. Everyone is different. While I was weaning off the Cymbalta the pain in my legs became very intense it still gets that way. I tried gabapentin but that" burned" my stomach. The only thing I'm on now is supplements and amitriptyline for sleeping. I'm trying 2 herbal combinations for the pain in my legs. The jury is out on that . I refused lyrica as I had lost 68 lbs and I don't want to regain it! I've heard many people complain it causes weight gain.

Racenutalways: Not all supplements contain MSG. If you're careful to buy quality supplements from a Health Food Store you can find ones that are better. Don't want to mention any names here but, supplements from drugstores, grocery stores or Walmart, are not quality controlled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back