Website problems since site move last week...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why I still can't hide my online status or pm?? :confused:😩😩
PM could well be the same as me trying to message people using an @ before their name like here on the forum. It's not @JayCS there, it's plain JayCS.... (Dooi pointed me to that, after Auriel had reported that directly for me and I'd sent a screenshot.)

Regarding online status: When you go to "My Account" and then click on "Privacy" do you get what I get? (see attached screenshot)

Attachments

• Your Account - Privacy.jpg
    Your Account - Privacy.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 49
Hi @JayCS, I can't see any way of sending a pm, think I'm going mad! Regards online status, yes I get the same as you but it's unticked and still shows staus. I tried ticking the box as well, just in case, but no luck!!

I can't see any way of sending a pm, think I'm going mad!
What happens when you click on the envelope top right next to the alerts bell and then on "Start a new conversation"? (Screenshot)
online status, yes I get the same as you but it's unticked and still shows status. I tried ticking the box as well, just in case, but no luck!!
I just unticked it. Now on this thread I can see 2 members online, myself and someone unnamed. Praps you? Can you see me? Praps we can see ourselves?

Attachments

• Start a new conversation.jpg
    Start a new conversation.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 53
I never thought of that @JayCS ...maybe we can see ourselves! I can't see you now!

Although that's a bit strange, if we can see ourselves, wouldn't it be better to not see ourselves so we know it works!! :LOL::LOL:
I will try and send you @JayCS and @Auriel a private message and see if it works, but I'm sure others can see the messages??

but I'm sure others can see the messages??
Others can see profile posts (not sure how they work myself tho!), but not messages. Your pm worked, problem #2 solved!?

Well I could see jaycs’s so this is a little quirky (but kinda cute) though I don’t think it should be doing that though? it was one line of messages yours, then jaycs and then I sent mine so I dunno still a glitch in the matrix I guess?
🤔 🤷🏼‍♀️ 💫

still a glitch in the matrix I guess?
Nope, that's exactly as it should be, cuz fimi sent it to us both, openly, not BCC = "blind carbon copy", which only works with mails, not here.

Ah that’s ok, I thought I was seeing bits of you that I shouldn’t have been seeing for a minute! 😆

I think i got there in the end with both your help, thank goodness! I was beginning to think I was a virtual lost cause!!! :rolleyes:🤣

Not sure why I still can't hide my online status or pm?? :confused:😩😩
There is no glitch and nothing to repair. The site is set up so that extra things like sending private messages can only be done by members who have met a minimum number of posts. This is to protect people from getting slammed with private messages that are advertising or spam or worse.

Oh well...all sorted now. Looks like I've been a good poster! :)

Yes you have fimi, a very good poster 🌝

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back