Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think it's normal, a friend of mine has a similar sleeping pattern because her schedule during the weekend is not very predictable. I think thi disease affects people differently and there isn't a norm, but I understand you need to ask this question just to get some reassurance after reading others are going thru the same. Don't worry, it really is normal for some people, for others not so much!

I had this same issue. It is not good to have your body do so much work through out the week and rest all weekend. Your body gets confuse and cause the pain that you are experiencing. Try to have only one day of full day relaxation but other than that, keep your energy levels up by doing something.

Same issue as well. Regulating sleep and getting proper, consistent hours is very important for health and general wellness.

It is best to try not to sleep that long during weekends as too much sleep is also not good. You will end up feeling more sluggish and lazy. Also, you are just making yourself have difficulty adjusting during your work week and your body will keep on looking for that huge amount of sleep that you had over the weekend. Overall, you have to train yourself and create a more stable sleep patterns. If you sleep only for about 7 hours during work week, do the same over the weekend and you will notice that your body will be able to adjust to that in a better way.

Wander n wonder, I tried that and couldn't do it. I had a psychologist try and work me through the process of retraining my brain. It threw me into such severe fatigue by the start of the week. I'd miss Monday and Tuesday, and possibly Wednesday. I tried it a number of times. I just can't. The result is the same, severe fatigue.... :-(

I guess I wouldn't call it 'normal' per se, as the recommendation is to try to stick to a schedule that is similar to what you do during the week. With that said, I definitely still sleep longer than normal on Saturday and Sunday mornings. There are times in which I go to bed at 8PM and sleep until 10 AM, just because there is nothing pressing to get it.

I do this every weekend. A few weekends back I decided to sleep in until I woke up. I woke up at 8:00. 8:00 p.m.! I'd slept for 20 hours straight. Normally I wake up in the morning, have breakfast, then go back to sleep till supper, then go to bed early, but sometimes I just sleep straight through till afternoon.

I've found that if I don't sleep all weekend, I can't make it through the work week. I've got to keep my job, so I have to be really careful to stick to my weekend sleeps. It totally destroys my social life, but I got to pay bills.

I think it's not healthy sleeping for about 20 hours and it affects your eating schedule as well. Therefore, you are depriving your body from nutrients just because you are sleeping for a long period of time.

I think what you can do is taper it little by little every week until you get used to just sleeping for about 8 hours max but still be able to make it through the week. It is really important that you train yourself on the right habits.

I work M-F 8 hours a day and a long compute and I crash on the weekends. Around 2 in the afternoon I am ready to crawl under my desk I"m so tired. I sleep almost 8 hours at night but it must not be a good sleep because I drag every day. I try to walk a little bit after dinner but my legs hurt so bad when I finish and I am only walking less than 10 minutes. I need to try something/anything...

I believe it is normal. I try to work as much as I can and then I sleep as much as I can. It's hard to explain, but it's what I do. So you are normal. Especially if you have pain. It's hard to deal with, so I wish you luck. Let us know if you find anything to help.

Oh my, this is me. I can sleep all night and not feel refreshed. I work M-F. As soon as I get home, I take a nap, wake up for dinner (that my husband cooks) and then go to bed. I have to do this in order to get myself to work the next day. I food shop on Saturday so that I can recuperate on Sunday. ANY type of social activity such as a meeting, going out to dinner, etc. exhausts me and leaves me in pain.

My friend used to be like that, but you know what? She really tried to force herself to do things. It was a very painful experience for her for like a month, because it was too hard for her and leave her in so much pain in the evening when she's too tired already. However, she also realized that she can't just stay in bed forever. Eventually, she got used to the schedule and she almost didn't have time to actually "pay attention" to the pain. 2-3 months after, she said that the pain is coming very rarely already. Honestly, I think it was just psychological that she was experiencing pain and that she was not too busy that's why she had time to dwell on it. Try to distract yourself from the pain by widening your horizons and keeping yourself busy with a lot of things.

Wander, maybe she got tired of having to explain her pain. Believe me, it's not psychological. Anyway, I started taking a B complex vitamin (only 2 days so hard to tell) but yesterday and today I didn't want to crash. I also set my alarm clock for a half hour later and I am walking about 5 minutes after dinner. I hurt after the walk so I rest on the couch, but my fatigue has lessened the last couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back