Weight Loss With Chronic Fatigue + Pain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your creations sound very tasty! Not easy to find... :)
as long as they keep spraying poison on wheat crops
Hmm... isn't that a reason to go organic, rather than gluten-free?
Gluten is the main wheat/grain protein.
One notorious pesticide is called glyphosate ("Roundup" by Monsanto) - has that perhaps caused a mix-up?

So gluten-free means avoiding wheat, barley and rye,
but also all derivatives of wheat like durum, spelt, emmer and einkorn.
Whether sprayed or organic.
Oats only might have indirect traces, so usually actually only necessary avoid (or get them manufactured gluten-free) if you really have coelic disease.
The effort of all this avoidance is only worth it if your symptoms get better after doing so.

People believe that gluten in wheat has been increased by breeding to make it stickier to bake with.
The word gluten comes from the Latin word for "glue".
But scientists have compared gluten content of wheat sorts archived over the decades since 1900 and have found only slight differences in the type of gluten, not overall: The gliadine type which seems to cause the problems has actually decreased. The gluten content is influenced more by the amount of rain than by types/breeding. However there are other proteins in wheat which haven't been researched yet. ("Gluten in wheat: What has changed during 120 years of breeding?")

To reduce the amount of poison on crops you need to

Last edited:
I am and will always be as long as they keep spraying poison on wheat crops. I make wonderful breads, rolls, muffins and cheese crackers all wheat free and delicious! I was making tortillas but they came out with almond flour tortillas that are fantastic. There's also cassava flour, quinoa and cauliflower tortillas that are great as well.
Sadly, while avoiding wheat may be healthy for various reasons, the poisons of pesticides and other chemicals are sprayed on all crops in this country, and in most of the world. Even produce that is raised organically is not free of these chemicals, because at this point they are in the soil and the water, carried on the wind, as are seeds affected by GMOs, and all of these are so ubiquitous they cannot be avoided. My understanding is that many studies have found that even organic crops have elements of Roundup and other chemicals as well as genetically modified elements in them. Not nearly as much, of course, as the crops deliberately sprayed with these chemicals, but there's no way to get entirely away from it. Making a point of trying to avoid as much as you can is good even so, of course.

Yep, of course it's impossible to completely avoid pesticides etc., same as microplastics, chemicals etc., and our load is considerably less if we use organic products.

My main reason for eating & wearing/using organic is stop it getting more on this planet though, but health also - secondary.
(A year ago I also ate non-organic and organic food at or over the use by date, if that would help stop it getting thrown away. Now due to my MCAS possibly being sensitive to aged food, I've reduced that. So a compromise of values. Apart from food & clothes I still hardly buy any new products, only used.)

This is why I grow almost everything myself so I know whats in and on my food.

This is why I grow almost everything myself so I know whats in and on my food.
That is about the only way to avoid the bulk of the chemicals on commercial or even commercially raised organic food. Even so, if it is grown outside it will get some from the air and water. It's the best one can do, though, and can be done if a person really wants to. Even living in a city, you can if you have enough room grow a few leafy veges indoors with lights.

The underground hydroponic farms sound promising, they could be quite near to stores too. @Creola17, it's great that you grow your own, my brother in law grows veg in his back garden, it's a nice pass time and seems satisfying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back