ambrosia

Reason
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
ES
State
Madrid
Being afflicted with chronic pain tends to force you to rest a lot. In the many years that I suffered from constant discomfort, I pend a lot of time reading. I would read anything, from books, magazines to newspapers, always hungry for information and ready to get distracted from my pain.
Even though I have improved a lot over the years, I still have the same habit.
Do you like to read? And what is your favourite kind of literature?

1sweed

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/1995
Country
US
State
Pennsylvania
I love reading non-fiction books, although I have a favorite fiction author from the old days, Gene Stratton Porter, (Girl of the Limberlost). However I like reading books on gardening and how to books of crafts and cooking, etc... I like biographies about historical people and places. And I do like some true crime novels and humorous fiction stories. :)

Loftpat

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2013
Country
USA
State
ME
When the fibro fog lifts, I'm a sci-fi gal. Also reading some non-fiction right now. Mud Season by Ellen Stimson.

van02004

Reason
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
Arizona
I am currently reading The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency. I love it so far. I like that it takes place in Africa because I know so little about the people and culture that live on this continent. Not too far into the book yet.

I like finding new books to read, but I struggle with fantasy because I have a had time imaging things that don't exist. Anyone else struggle with fantasy books like me?

Yes, I do find myself reading a lot, but I figure it is better that I read then watch TV. I still watch too much television.

Gelsemium

Reason
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
PT
State
Lisboa
I like to read practical books in opposition to fiction ones. I've read books on chess, about tennis and currently I am reading a book about allergies, that both me and my kid suffer.

angie51

Reason
Relative
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
uk
State
Scotland
I read a variety of books, If A book looks interesting I will read it, regardless of the genre. Although I have a tendency to read and thoroughly enjoy horror books. MY favourite author is Steven King I will read anything that is written by him.

Tessie

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2008
Country
US
State
Massachusetts
I used to read a lot, but for a few years now it's hard to concentrate and process what I'm reading, so I tend to stick to short stories and magazine articles. But in the past I used to love to read non-fiction, and the occasional novel if it contained something that interested me.

These days I like to do research and read online. Also, I've found that audio books are good for me. I can comprehend better when I hear the book being read aloud.

Status
Not open for further replies.