Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2013
Country
US
State
NY
I am sure that this question has come up before but my cogfog brain will not allow me to read back.

I am in the process of coming off valium (which by the way is in itself its own private hell) and already take sertraline. so I will not take anything else prescribed.

I take an occasional Tylenol or Motrin (although because of IBS I try to stay away from both) other then that I live with heating pad and taking Epsom salt baths.

was wondering if anyone has had success with essential oils?

Its bitterly cold where I am and its making my pain 100xs worse.

My hubby recently bought us a at home infra red sauna. so far I have not felt any relief...its really more for detoxing my body of the Valium.

I wish he had gotten me a hottub or a Jacuzzi tub. I would never get out:sad:

I recently bought some essential oils but have not had the opportunity or energy to figure out what to do with them yet. My massage therapist believes that if I start getting into essential oils that it will help. I also bought a book on essential oils. I'm slowly working through the various books I have either been given for a gift or purchased. Unfortunately, it's taking me longer than I figured because I keep getting anxiety when I start reading through them. It feels like I'm studying and is overwhelming. Crazy I know.....

I can't take Motrin or Ibuprofen because of my colitis and IBS. Sends me into a flare immediately, then I have a difficult time getting it back under control. I use hydrocodone as needed. I also take an anti-inflammatory (Piroxicam), fibro medication (Cymbalta) and muscle relaxer (Zaniflex), and Nortryptoline as needed for IBS daily. I used to be on Lyrica and tried Amytriptoline for fibro.

I find that my hot tub or a tub with baking soda and Epsom salt help.

Good luck to you. I have never had to come off of a drug that gave me withdrawals. It sounds awful.....Hugs

I have been prescribed both amitriptyline and cymbalta in the past for fibro, but both of them had awful side effects for me. So right now, my doctor has started me on wellbutrin.

Other than that, because I'm so young and will have to deal with fibro for the rest of my life, my doctor doesn't want to give me any pain medication specifically for fibro. So, I'm dependent on Tylenol and the naproxen that I was prescribed for my knee problems. Although the naproxen only helps when my joints are swollen.

For the most part I'm pretty dependent on my heating blanket, epsom salt and naps for pain relief!

jaelyn, if you can take real aspirin, it will help better than the Tylenol. give it a try.

Okay, thank you! I'll be sure to give it a try!

I sure hope welbutrin works for you. It didn't for me. Bad side affects. Remember though, everyone is different. Yay for heating pads, naps and Epsom salt! :)

Ive never been able to handle the meds either! Closely watch your diet for things that trigger inflammation/pain and KEEP EXERCISING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back