Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2005
Country
US
State
TX
My fibro fog seems to be getting worse, and at times, I feel as if I literally cannot comprehend anything. My brain was always the strongest part of my body, and losing my ability to think clearly is very frightening to me.

I know there has to be something that will help at least mitigate some of the fibro fob. I don't have a lot of money, and am looking for natural products, since I can't afford to see a doctor.

Is there a product you've found that has helped ease your fibro fog? If so, please share. If you have heard of something, but haven't tried it yet, please share.

My mom swears by a supplement made with an herb known as ''Gotu Kola'', it's supposed to help with the memory and such. She swears it helps her remember things better, I haven't tried it myself, but I trust her word. After all she has tried so many natural supplements. Before ordering something online check brands, and how long they have been in the market. I'd tell you what my fav brands are, but I could get in trouble for that.

I've been in a whole routine that seems to be helping. But if that doesn't work for me I plan to at least get my stomach working so I can drink a bottle of wine and forget that I forget! Lol
Omega is good and I believe ginkgo is supposed to help with memory.

I can only use gotu kola sparingly and in a blend. It gives me headaches taken straight. Omega 3 is awesome stuff! I don't eat fish anymore, so I get mine through milled flax seed. I just grab it off the shelf in the baking section at WM. You can use it as an egg substitute, sprinkle it on your cereal and in other dishes. I don't think there's a tolerance level, like there is for Vitamin C or B. So you could probably have as much as you want. They even come in convenient travel packets. Hope this helps.

Since coming down with fibro I wake up foggy and most of the time with a headache; the only thing that takes the headache away is a cup of coffee, and that clears my head up as well.

Sometimes my head feels heavy and sluggish, and then I take ginko biloba 60mg.

Wow, thanks, y'all. @sureimsore I've always woken up foggy, and have needed coffee to wake me up, at least for as long as I remember. That's one reason things have escalated, because it seems I'm needing more and more caffeine or other things (moving around more, getting up and doing stretches, walking outside and taking deep breaths, etc.) in order just to function at a low level.

Thanks @Trellum, feel free to DM/PM me your favorite brands if you'd like, I am not concerned with you trying to sell me anything, and wouldn't be offended. I don't know if the same brands are available here, but I'm always interested to know what works for others, and brands/strengths, etc., can be important and helpful information to have. @byhu Thank you for your input. I do sometimes have reactions to things, and since I have so many other issues, products don't always work on me the same as on others, so it's good to know that I should start off slowly if I do try the gotu kola. I love flax seed and need to buy some. I am fine with sprinkling it on everything and anything.

No havent really found anything yet for fibro fog other than when I take tramadol for pain it wakes me up and make me more alert. I focus better and follow through with tasks. I get a lot done on tramadol. It can really be a life saver sometimes. I have good days and I have bad days with fibro fog. I wish I knew why some days are different than others. This disease really is a mystery.

I know fibro comes with brain fog, however I got worse brain fog while on certain meds. I would check and see if any of the meds your on could be contributing to your fibro fog.

I agree with people who have mentioned Omega 3 - I have been taking that for a while now and I find that it makes my mind feel just that little bit clearer, and as though I am able to cope with things much more easily. I don't think that it would work for everyone, though. The annoying thing about this condition is the fact that there are so many treatment options, and different people respond to each one in different ways. So it is very much about trial and error - but more than worth taking the time to try, as there are several people on this thread who have had success with it.

Thanks @Trellum, feel free to DM/PM me your favorite brands if you'd like, I am not concerned with you trying to sell me anything, and wouldn't be offended. I don't know if the same brands are available here, but I'm always interested to know what works for others, and brands/strengths, etc., can be important and helpful information to have.

I surely will! I'll send you a PM with the name of the brand my mom uses (Made in the US - very well non and very high quality). Bad thing about that brand is the quantity in each bottle, but quality over quantity, right? ;) I might actually start ordering these too... if I hope I find a local store in Amsterdam...

Omega is good and I believe ginkgo is supposed to help with memory.

I was told Q10 is good

My suggestion is extra sleep, which in itself is difficult for us. Because we have tissue breakdown, we require more sleep than normal, 8 hours is not enough. Don't be ashamed to take a nap every day. One hour asleep may make the difference between laying on my back or being up moving around. The body heals during rem sleep. I haven't found any kind of supplement that really does that for me. There are days when I know my body needs a nap because I can't concentrate and I am fumbling around, tripping, dropping things, but I still can't go to sleep. I take a tiny piece of my muscle relaxer to force myself to sleep. I always wake up better

I really need something. I feel like i am losing my mind. I work a stressful job and support my boyfriend through terrible depression and literally think i am losing the ability to take anything in. I forget everything. Its really effecting my job and im scared imwill get demoted or lose my job. I feel like i annoy everyone and am messing everything up. Any suggestions at all would be amazing. I feel so lost ��

Through experimentation I found my brain fogs were from too much insulin. When I get them now I exercise to raise my adrenalin levels (adrenalin being the 'antidote' for excess insulin) ... it works great. If I'm lazy, I also discovered a shot or two of alcohol works well to clear my head ... more doesn't help btw. :wink: My third strategy is to simply not eat until my insulin levels settle down ... skipping one meal usually does it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back