Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2016
Country
US
State
CA
I am trying to identify the best ways to lessen my fibro fatigue. Exercising on my stationary recumbent bike for 30 minutes a day seems to help, but now my feet are really hurting - on a regular basis. What strategies do you use?

james192

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/1999
Country
CA
State
AB
try braking up the work out to two fifteen minutes sessions. remember to stretch before and after.

Indigobluejay

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2016
Country
US
State
CA
Cool. I'll give that a try. I usually try to force my way through the exercise because I'm worried I will fall asleep!

sunkacola

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
Uni
State
Somewhere
When I am having a true fatigue day nothing helps but to have a day of rest. but if it is more minor fatigue, the best medicine I know of is simply to go outside. It doesn't really matter what I do. Take the dogs for a walk of course, or dance or just do a tiny bit of yard work, or even just sit in the sun if it is nice outside (even if it is chilly, I just bundle up). I find that just being outside is very helpful, and sometimes when I start doing one little thing I find the fatigue gets less and I can actually do a little more than I thought I would be able to.

james192

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/1999
Country
CA
State
AB
I learned a long time ago never force it, because it leads to problems. the problem I have is getting into a routine, because my days are so varied. the exercise might be at almost any time of the day. I go with the flow. we try to fight against FM so much we wear ourselves out with worry, "what if I can't do it" , " I have to do it" etc.< I have read over exercise is not good for FM. we have to pace ourselves. cheers and best wishes for the new year

Indigobluejay

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2016
Country
US
State
CA
I learned a long time ago never force it, because it leads to problems. the problem I have is getting into a routine, because my days are so varied. the exercise might be at almost any time of the day. I go with the flow. we try to fight against FM so much we wear ourselves out with worry, "what if I can't do it" , " I have to do it" etc.< I have read over exercise is not good for FM. we have to pace ourselves. cheers and best wishes for the new year
I have difficulty getting into a routine too and it's driving me nuts....I guess I just need to accept this aspect of my life. Good to know that over-exercising is not good....I figured that the more I exercised, the better I would be......Of course then I end up asleep on the couch in the middle of the day for 3 hours.....lol!

Indigobluejay

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2016
Country
US
State
CA
When I am having a true fatigue day nothing helps but to have a day of rest. but if it is more minor fatigue, the best medicine I know of is simply to go outside. It doesn't really matter what I do. Take the dogs for a walk of course, or dance or just do a tiny bit of yard work, or even just sit in the sun if it is nice outside (even if it is chilly, I just bundle up). I find that just being outside is very helpful, and sometimes when I start doing one little thing I find the fatigue gets less and I can actually do a little more than I thought I would be able to.
This sounds on the money. I saw a ray of sunshine today poking through the window and it just brightened my day! I felt, "wow, life might just be good!"

sunkacola

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
Uni
State
Somewhere
This sounds on the money. I saw a ray of sunshine today poking through the window and it just brightened my day! I felt, "wow, life might just be good!"
Good for you!
Another thing I do is remember how lucky I really am.
Yeah, I know, in some ways like having a chronic pain disease, not so much.

BUT, there are so many ways in which I am. For instance, all of us who have access to this forum are rich.

We all have a place to live, probably a bed to sleep in with a roof over our heads, enough to eat, and access to a computer we can use. That is far more than millions of people on the planet have.
And to all of those people, we are incredibly rich.

Tens of millions don't have anything but what is on their backs. Tens of millions are refugees and have lost everything - home, livlihood, family, even their country. They can't go home and no one wants them.

And, many of them are also ill with chronic diseases and pain but don't have medicine or doctors or even enough food or clean water to drink.

So, I remind myself all the time how lucky I really am to be able to take a day and lie on the couch if I have to, even though I might rather be doing something else!

Sandian

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2019
Country
UK
State
England
Sunkacola
Brilliant. I will always try to remember this. Thank you - a real inspiration.