Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2008
Country
US
State
TX
Seems we all have tricks that help use make it through the day.
We all rest, but what really helps you cope with the symptoms?

A nice walk with some music. Just 30 - 45 minutes or so and not super fast. Just a nice stroll with my favorite tunes and I look around at the trees and any birds or other animals I see. It sounds so simple and it really is, just get back to basics and simple things and it makes dealing with stresses/pain, etc easier to look at it from a simpler perspective.

Last edited by a moderator:
comedy....When it gets really bad, I revert to outright goof ball...Outrageous Bruce Lee marital art sounds for moving any part of my body with geisha style walking technique since I cant walk right anyway...

anyone else willing to tell us how you cope with FM every day?

Music that is uplifting & that makes me sing... I love to sing, not good at it but love to do it.. I also enjoy going for a drive, just 30 mins again listening to music. I love walking but the fibro & osteoarthritis make it very painful & I get breathless easily.. Talking to & spending time with my children, grandchildren etc keeps my spirits up. I try stay positive by being thankful that I still have life... Peace to all....

IForgot to mention a great book that I cannot recommend enough is (Man's search for meaning by viktor frankl). It reminds me to look for beauty when Im at my lowest.

Apart from pills u mean?.well I love to take the dog out. And go to the play centre and watch my little one have fun.nothing beat a sleepy puppy and my little girl all tucked up at night all worn out ��

Music, meditation and the sweet sounds of my granddaughter.

Oh yes forget this site !

I am lucky to have a supportive husband. He is the only reason I stay alive. My kids are both adults and have their own lives. My husband calls me every day from work on his break and that really helps me. I have two dogs and three cats that also give me a purpose to get up. They are snuggle buddies. Sunshine definitely helps me. A warm bath, quiet music, and meditation also help me. Talking to a friend who understands helps. Forcing myself to get up and get out of the house helps too on many days. When it is warm enough out (I live in WI) I like to go sit on our deck and read a book. I agree with Forgetmenot that this site helps me to feel I am not alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back